Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM
bjkeen

Default Roll Call Nov. 5 Carnival Miracle

I know there was a list, but I don't know where it went. Anyone else going besides me?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch
Default Re: Roll Call Nov. 5 Carnival Miracle

My parents and I are planning on going...15 days and counting!

Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Two of us are joining you! Has anyone heard if there is a formal or semi-formal night? I understand we'll have to carry our own bags onto the ship so I don't want to have to drag along a garment bag if I don't have to.

Brian & Jose

Carnival Miracle - Cruise To Nowhere 11/05/04
Costa Classica - Mediterranean 11/20/04
Thomson Spirit - Canary Islands 04/02/05
QM2 - Transatlantic 05/28/05
Old October 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Mmketeer

Hi BJ, Brian and Eclipse,

Count me in!
Hubby and I and my mother (this will be her first cruise ever) will be sailing with ya'll!
I can't wait it will be a beautiful ship and lots to do and not enough time to do them all in! I am taking Monday off to recooporate, cause I know I'll be waking up early and staying up way too late. <BG> Their will be a formal night on the cruise and I would assume it will be Sat. night. We have an extended cabin on the back of the ship Deck 6 (this will be my first time at the very back). I am just planning on carry on my one bag, but I am sure their will be porters available for your luggage.
What time are ya'll planning on getting to the port? This will be my first cruise out of Tampa (well, at least on a cruiseship), I usually sail out of Port Canaveral.

It's almost time! I'll start packing next weekend! Wahooooo!

Mmketeer
Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Teen host and and his family is comming (well mom and friend)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM
bjkeen

I usually board at lunch time, have lunch and walk around the ship before the life boat drill. If you see me and want to say hi - I'll have on Bucanneer beads. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Second night is formal night. The last ctn that I went on the Porter's were working, I just don't think I need a lot of luggage for two nights. I am carrying on my garmet bag because I don't like giving it to the Porter's. Lock all luggage that you give to the Porter's and remember your keys. Many people handle the luggage before it reaches your cabin. On my first cruise I did not lock my luggage and came home without any jeans and various other items.

I'm so excited you'd think I were going on a seven day cruise.
Old October 25th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Roll Call Nov. 5 Carnival Miracle

Hi BJ,

I will probably get to the port around 11:30 or so. I want to get on as soon as they let us since it's such a short cruise. I only live about 30 min. from the port and I know how to get there and where to park, so it won't take me long to get to check-in. I'll be on Deck 6, so if your on my deck maybe I'll even run into you during the fire drill. I haven't decided what I am going to wear yet, maybe a straw hat. The beads should make it easy to spot you though.
Thanks for sharing all your information. I am packing this weekend and no matter what it takes I am only bringing one suitcase! I only bring two suitcases for a three and four day cruise, so how hard can be to just do one when we'll only be on the ship for two days. Right! <BG>

Mom, hubby and I will see ya'll in two weeks!

Mmketeer
Old October 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Hey BJ wish I was going with you all but, I booked Nov 18 out of Tampa and I think Kenny and I are the only ones going then. He is going to the Port this sat to some auto truck show and going to ck out the site there. He's probably really going to Ybor for his cigars. Ro

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old October 27th, 2004, 05:50 AM
bjkeen

Remember your passports or raised seal birth certificates. I was surprised when the ta said we needed them. I said to the ta, "your kidding we need passports and raised seal birth certificates even though we aren't leaving the country?" He said, yes the powers that be want to check everyone out before boarding.
Old October 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Roll Call Nov. 5 Carnival Miracle

Hi BJ,

Good tip. Amazing isn't it...we'll probably even still be able to see land and somehow I figured they would still require the normal stuff. Oh well, I figure it will make it feel more like a normal cruise that way and my mom will get the full experince at check in too. I already forwarned her when we booked this back in Feb. that she'd need her original birth certificate. So, we should be all set.
I should get a passport as much as I cruise though, my birth certificate looks like it's been through the ringer now.
Hey, what is the process and cost on that.... anyone know?

See ya in 8 days! Mmketeer
Old November 3rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call Nov. 5 Carnival Miracle

See ya'll in one day! One more day to go!!!!

Look out Miracle crew here I come!

Miracle
Old November 3rd, 2004, 06:32 PM
bjkeen

I have the web site address, I'll look it up for you.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:23 PM
bjkeen

travel.state.gov1passport_services.htm