Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Conquest Dec 5th NASCAR roll call

Okay !! lets start the sign up and see who is going on this Great Cruise.

ME ! !

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Conquest Dec 5th NASCAR roll call

bump up

Old October 26th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Passenger

Though I'm not going, we are big NASCAR fans- Dale Jr to be exact. Could you tell me a little about this cruise? Who? Where? How long? Have you been on a NASCAR cruise before and if so how was it? Love to maybe plan on of these in the future.
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Admiral

jrsred..We are going out of New Orleans Dec. 5th..it is the Rusty Wallace cruise. We booked it and there will be private party with Rusty, along with autograph and pic session. It is a 7 day with port of calls at Monteago Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Old October 27th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info Big John. That's great w/ Rusty since he's retiring next year. He's a great driver. So unfortunate that his teammate took him out of contention for last weeks win. You'll have to let me know how it goes when you get back. Have you been on other NASCAR cruises or just this one since you are a Rusty fan?
Old October 27th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

jrsred..this will be my first NASCAR cruise..I really did not book it because of Rusty but because of the price.>G< that was just a bonus..I am really a Mark Martin fan(diehard) and I am sad that next year will also be his last year as a driver. I will post a full review when we get back so look for it in the ship reviews..I will be glad to answer any and all inquiries at that time..have a great day and keep on posting..

Any others going..I know that mojo2 is going but who else is out there that is sailing along with us.

Old October 29th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Admiral

bumpers

Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
Admiral

bump up

Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:21 PM
Mollie Straub

My husband, Allen, and I will be sailing with you on the 5th. We have made reservations with Barrett Adventures for a day tour in Jamaica. Barrett Adventures has gotten great reviews. They pick us up at the pier and will get us back in time. We will be visiting YS Falls, going tubing, and then snorkelling. Their website is www.barrettadventures.com. If they book 6 or more, the price goes down. If you are interested in joining us, contact Carolyn Barrett at info@barrettadventures.com. Here is what Carolyn sent me about the trip. She said there is time to add snorkelling, too. Sounds like a good time!

FULL DAY ADVENTURES

TUBING AND YS FALLS

Finally I have found an 'off the beaten path' sort of tubing adventure that is on a great river which no one else has discovered as yet. Take the same trip to YS Falls that is described in the other south Coast Tours. Then play on the falls in the morning, have lunch at the jerk stand on the property and go tubing down the YS River. I just took a test group there the other day and it was such fun they raved about it all the way home.

$ 80 per person (including lunch)
Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Sounds good..I will have to ck that out..and glad to see we are not the only ones going..although I know of a couple others that are going

Old November 4th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lady2fan Send a message via Yahoo to lady2fan

Hi John, If you remember me, I'm the one who went on 3 other Rusty cruises and will be joining you all on the Conquest!!! I can't wait to meet up with everyone! I'm arriving in New Orleans on Thurs. mid day.......Mo Jo (Mona ) arrives on Fri. Molly, are you a Rusty fan? if not watch out, I hear that we have over 1500 Rusty fans booked
It will be a great time as usual!

JoAnn
Old November 4th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Yeppers I do remember..We will be getting in on Sat afternoon at the Maison St Charles..have you got your docs yet.? I am looking for ours anyday now..cant wait..I am thinking we should just all meet on the lido deck at a certain time at a certain place and have a sail-a-way toast..what do you think?..I am sooooo looking forward to this as work as been a real grind.

Old November 4th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mojo2rusty Send a message via Yahoo to mojo2rusty

Hay Big John. Just 31 days!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting up with you.

jrsred, this will be my 2nd cruise with Rusty. He's a great host. Lady2fan should be posting soon and this will be her 4th Rusty cruise.
Rusty poses for pictures with everyone on the ship that is signed up for the Rusty cruise, pictures by the ship photographer. I believe there is about 1500 this yr. And he does several Q&A's and autograph sessions. There is a cocktail party with him and a fan club meeting. You just never know where you will run into him. And he always speaks. He has a lot of his family on board with him too.

I"m sure between all of us we'll be able to give you a good review.

See ya soon John.

Carnival Triumph Dec 2002
Carnival Conquest Dec. 05, 2004
Old November 4th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Admiral

HowD mona..just posted right behind JoAnn..we are all lurking around here at the same time.....30 days..and ...OH just look at the bottom and see my countdown clock..HaHA...Like I said to Lady2..I am soo looking forward to this cruise. Wife and I cant wait..>G<

Old November 5th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Passenger

No John, Haven't got the docs yet. I spoke with my TA on this past Monday...she said they have them just need to sort them out and send them ....They booked nearly 70 cabins for this cruise! BTW the ship is sold out! Our friends all got upgrades they booked lowest inside cabins went up to deck 8, I have a balcony deck 7 booked and that's what I'll get. She said no outside cabins have been upgraded at all, not even theirs......oh well I booked what I would be happy with Can't wait !!! see you all there! I think my hubby is a little sorry now he isn't coming....but it's too late.....maybe next year!

JoAnn
Old November 5th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Admiral

BOY!!! that sounds good because we booked the lowest Gty inside..Crossing my fingers that we get an upgrade, If we dont that is okay too..I wil not be dissapointed at all. I did get an email from the TA this morning that said we should be getting the docs no later than 7 days before the cruise but that if we get them sooner to disregard the email..I am stalking the mail carrier now for several days..Will get back with you guys a littlle closet to the day to formulate the plan..I can hardly wait.

Old November 5th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Dec 5th NASCAR roll call

Good luck, did you ask her if she checked for you about upgrades, tell her you know people who booked the same cabin and got a good upgrade.....can't hurt! GOOD LUCK!

JoAnn
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Passenger

Well, folks, I guess we'll learn a lot about racing this trip. My husband and I have never been to a race.

We got our docs this week, but we booked through Carnival, not a TA, because we had a travel certificate from our rewards points credit card company.

Mollie

Old November 6th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Passenger

Hi Mollie, never fear, we are just NORMAL folks......hehehe...........with "nascar habit" .....but that's ok we love to meet the "other" people also hehehe.......seriously......it's a lot of fun Rusty fan or not!......with our cruise, we have special "events" with Rusty on sea days.....that the "other" half of the ship can't get into....but you'll see lots of us, and even "the" MAN himself (all 1500) walking around with #2 (Rusty's car number) or shirts/hats etc. t hat say Rusty Wallace!... The picture is Rusty and his mechanic/spotter, Earl.....who will be on the ship also! Rusty gives us so much of his time with the events, the fans try not to bother him and his lovely wife, so they can also enjoy their cruise.
If you forget what Rusty looks like....never fear! Just browse the photo gallery on the ship.....after t he first sea day you will see hundreds of pics of Rusty and fans......including me

So what's everyone doing in Grand Cayman? We've done stingrays so just wanted a beach. We planned to take the ferry to Rum Point, but I haven't been able to find out if it is running or not....and the return times may not work out.....and since we're 6 ladies we would rather not rent a car and drive (on the wrong side of the street).

So Molly, will you be in New Orleans early? We arrive on Thurs......figure start the party early!!!

JoAnn
Old November 6th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Passenger

sorry the picture didn't work......but if you go to www.rustywallace.com you'll see lots of them
Old November 6th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Mollie and Lady2fan..It is going to be a blast..like I said before..I did not book due to the fact that Rusty was on but due to the good price. Rusty is a bonus though..>G<
Mollie..I am as big a nascar nut as ever was but like joann said..we are just normal folks with a nascar habit....I look forward to meeting all of you and maybe have a sail-a-way toast.

Lady2..We are not sure what excursions we are taking as of yet..maybe the stingrays if they are back in the bay. I just do what I am told....

Old November 7th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Passenger

Stingrays are great, if you've never done it it is a MUST! Paradise Beach in Cozumel sounds wonderful also......that will probably be out stop there.

JoAnn
Old November 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Thanks Joann..I just read this morning where the rays are back and some very big ones at that. It should be really good by the time we get there..I was thinking about meeting on the LIdo deck around the opening under the big Conquest sign..what do you think?..Right after the muster drill. I am open to any ideas all of you have though, since you probably know the ship better than we do..>G<

Old November 7th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mojo2rusty Send a message via Yahoo to mojo2rusty

Hay BIg John, Some of our group is wanting to do the Stingrays too. Maybe we'll all be on the same tour. Rusty often does shore tours too. I fugure at least one port he will golf.

After the muster drill under the Conquest sign sounds like a great place to meet
and an easy place to find and watch the ship set sail. We can just pass that around to all the others we will be meeting and have our first onboard party.

Mollie, your welcome to joins us too. Hay, you never know, you may leave the ship a race fan. For sure you will leave knowing what great friendly people NASCAR fans are. Mollie I tried to attach a picture for you like Lady2 did, maybe this will work.

See you guy soon

Carnival Triumph Dec 2002
Carnival Conquest Dec. 05, 2004
Old November 7th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Passenger

Thanks Mona, I don't know why I couldn't get it to work! You knew just what one I was trying to post also .........That sounds like a good place to meet......Mona.....take a note......I'll never remember hehehe Hey guys......7th today.......not too bad for a change!

JoAnn
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Sounds like a plan to me..everyone is invited to meet there..the more the merrier..I cant wait...Good pic too..

Old November 9th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Still no clue what to do in GC ......can't find info on what's open or not! John did you book the stingrays yet or are you doing it with the ship?
JoAnn
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Admiral

I just downloaded and printed out all the excursions and we just looked them over for the first time tonight..We will make a decision pretty soon..The wife liked the Rays,Reef, and Rum point with Nativeway..5hrs and 50.00 pp...But not solid yet on what we are going to do..I JUST WANT to get on the ship..

Old November 10th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Admiral

I was just wondering if any of you have rec'd your DOCS yet..I am lying in ambush mode for the postlady to deliver..but nothing yet..>G<

Old November 10th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Passenger

No didnt actually get them, but our Travel agent called yesterday and said they went out we should have them by the end of the week. SOON we leave in 21 days!!!!!!!!!

See you under the Conquest sign! How will we know you?