Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Passenger

Default Taxis@ Port of Miami

I will be on the Victory scheduled to return back to Miami Nov 14th. I was just wondering are there alot of taxis waiting at the dock when you get off the boat? I will be traveling to the Ft Lauderdale airport. I'm trying to deceide between a taxi or car service. My plane doesn't leave until 4:45p so I have plenty of time to get to the airport.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:02 AM
gatorclaw

Default Re: Taxis@ Port of Miami

This may not really address your question, but you can purchase the return transportation alone from Carnival from Port of Miami to FLL. I think it's $18.

I'm not sure what your motivation is for not going with Carnival to begin with, but if you're like me, you're going down a day or two early. So, I'm not purchasing the transfer to the ship, but only for the return.

If there is an alternitive reason, i.e. you don't want to get to the airport too early, hopefully someone else will chime in with some options.

Good luck.
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Big Craig

Want to save a few bucks? You should be off by 9am, we usually jump on a rental car shuttle(FREE) than wait at the rental car terminal until a few airport shuttles pass by, than we jump a shuttle(FREE) to the airport, it may take an hour or two but saving $18 or more per person is worth it to me. More money for liquid refreshments. Or Pollo Tropical.
Old October 28th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Passenger

Big Craig that is the funniest thing I ever heard! ! It's smart though I have to give you that. My husband might not go for that though, but I thank you for the laugh. If we spend toooo much money on our cruise this might be the way to go now that I give it some thought.

Only 10 days until I sail out!!!!
Old October 28th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

we took the one way from Ft L to the miami port. No probs purchasing 1 way, the bus was comfortable and the ride was relaxing.

have fun
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Passenger

It's too late to get on the Carnival shuttle that some of you are referring to. You have up until 14 days before the cruise to purchase port transfers, according to Carnival rep. So my options now are the taxi or a car service.
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to GummyBear

"....was just wondering are there alot of taxis waiting at the dock when you get off the boat?"

Believe me.....there will be an "endless" supply of shuttles and cabs in Miami when you disembark.
A shuttle to FLL should run around $25 pp. A cab would be around $75 for 1-5 pax.

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Big Craig

I was serious about the rental car shuttle, free is good for me
Triumph