Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM
elli

Default Sold Out Staterooms

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone out there will have a good tip for me. I am currently looking at a cruise sailing next May and all the interior staterooms are already sold out. Does this happen normally so far in advance? Is there any chance that an interior room will open up later or should I just go ahead and book something more expensive?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Sold Out Staterooms

Hi Elli,
You may want to check into booking a guarantee catagory, you can save a little bit and have a slight chance of getting an upgrade....Here is a link to a good article that explains how that works, or sometimes doesn't, but you would at least get the catagory that you booked, you can't book a specific cabin this way:

Guarantee Cabin Catagory

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Sold Out Staterooms

In talking with our Carnival Vacation Planner the other day about our next cruise he informed me that guarantees are coming farther and fewer between...because so many of the ships are filling up so far in advance and because people were upset when they didn't get upgraded. He gave me the impression that Carnival won't offer them in the same way they have in the past...and although it was available for the cruise I was booking he told me that very few are getting upgraded these day. I decided to book a specific cabin.

The only time I can think of that there might be an interior cabin opening up would be around the time that final payment is due. That's the last time you can get your money back without losing some of it. (75 days before sail date) Perhaps you can work out something kind of like a reverse guarantee...book an outside cabin with the option of going to an inside cabin if one opened up. I don't know if you can actually do that but it might be worth a try. Good Luck!