Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:10 PM
Lucero

Default Queen Mary in Long Beach

Has anyone stayed on the Queen Mary??? If so, how was it and was it worth the cost? Thanks...

Candace
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2004, 03:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Queen Mary in Long Beach

We stayed at the West Coast Long Beach right next to where the Queen Mary and the cruise port is. Loved that hotel. Early check in is on the Queen Mary so if you stay on it that is easy. It is very impressive to see.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Cynda H

you mean the old Queen Mary thats permanently there right ? We've taken the tours on the ships a few times, great deal, but those rooms, are really tiny compared to the ships today.......
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
jq

Default Re: Re: Queen Mary in Long Beach

We have not stayed on the QM, but have toured through it and talked to others who stayed there. Many of the rooms are quite small, but seen to have some nice touches. It is a unique way to start a cruise. They do run specials for about $99-129, but I haven't been looking for any lately. (We were there in Feb)
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:51 AM
First Mate

tnt....Please help I am trying to get info on that hotel west coast long beach hotel..I cant seen to find it anywhere if you could possibly email it the # I would soooo appreciate it >>>>>>Thanks in advance onsters6@charter.net Shelly

Old November 3rd, 2004, 04:20 AM
Passenger

The number is 562-435-7676. ask for an ocean or bay view. great views at night and in the morning.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:13 AM
Passenger

I stayed on the Queen Mary over Labor Day weekend. Had an outside cabin that I paid $99 for one night and $109 for the other two. The cabin was very large--a bit worn but very functional. We only ate in the Promenade restaurant but the food and service were both very good. The ship itself is gorgeous and great fun to explore.

The whole experience made us feel like we had stepped back into time and it was just like being on a cruise that never left port. They say the ship is "haunted" and it was very eerie walking around her at night and not seeing another soul--although the ship was sold out.

I would definitely do it again and felt it was a great value considering what we paid. If you are taking a cruise out of Long Beach, the ships dock right where the QM is so they are literally steps away.

Brian

Carnival Miracle - Cruise To Nowhere 11/05/04
Costa Classica - Mediterranean 11/20/04
Thomson Spirit - Canary Islands 04/02/05
QM2 - Transatlantic 05/28/05