Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Default audio vidio jacks on tv's Destiney

Does anyone know my first cruise,want to hook up portable dvd player.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2004, 02:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: audio vidio jacks on tv's Destiney

It has been since July 2001, I do recall being able to plug my still camera into two RCA jacks on the front of the television to view pictures on my camera and delete the ones I did not want. If it is the same type of tv's now of course. We were in a balcony room.
I have yet to find a portable DVD player with output jacks to send signal to a TV. Are you using a laptop? If not can you enlighten me, as I am still shopping for a portable DVD solution.
We are also sailing Destiny July 2005, please let me know what you do find out. I am also interested if it has earphone jack, and what type of plugs to bring the small video games for my son. (The new Atari ones that are $15 are RCA plug in type).

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old November 8th, 2004, 02:01 PM
First Mate

It has been since July 2001, I do recall being able to plug my still camera into two RCA jacks on the front of the television to view pictures on my camera and delete the ones I did not want. If it is the same type of tv's now of course. We were in a balcony room.
I have yet to find a portable DVD player with output jacks to send signal to a TV. Are you using a laptop? If not can you enlighten me, as I am still shopping for a portable DVD solution.
We are also sailing Destiny July 2005, please let me know what you do find out. I am also interested if it has earphone jack, and what type of plugs to bring the small video games for my son. (The new Atari ones that are $15 are RCA plug in type).

Old November 9th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

We just bought our two daughters a personal dvd player and they work great on thier tv's in their rooms. I too am hoping the tv on the ship has av jacks. They will be great for the drive down and back. They have a 2 1/2-3 hour batter plus the cord to plug them into the lighter in the car and an adapter cord to plug into a regular outlet. One of teh best ivestments we have made!!

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old November 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Passenger

On my cruises, the TV's have never had front a/v jacks. The rear jacks were not accessible.
Can I ask why are you brining a DVD player when there is so many other things to do beside staying in your room watching something you can watch at home?

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old November 9th, 2004, 08:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: audio vidio jacks on tv's Destiney

I can't speak for anyone else, the reason I look into option of a protable DVD player is:
having a young teenager DVD entertainment can be cheaper than video arcade games, he is looking forward to room service options and I know for his safety were he is if we choose to dine without him. In addition we will be traveling roughly all day in airport/flying and a way of entertainment along the way. I have a DVD recorder that I will record family favorite shows and bring those along--better than the Carnival TV loops. (Unless TV programing has become more varied) Sometimes a teen just wants to do there own thing! So that is my reasoning in a nutshell.

Old November 9th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

our kids like to fall asleep watching tv as do my hubby and i the last cruise there was nothing to watch. And you know there is the need for some down time.

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to riwehr

I guess we got lucky our last cruise- The movies on tv were new releases that we hadn't seen- never got bored with them. It's great being able to relax and nap at leisure, especially when the view out the window is so beutiful- I enjoyed hanging out in the room

This is just my opionion- my toddler was 1 1/2 at the time and stayed home with grandma and grandpa- this was the first time I was able to sleep and relax on "my " time
Old November 11th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Passenger

ok, got it buffetfan...fyi - on the newer Carnival ships they do have PPV movies, but I don't remember if Destiny had them. If you call, they will be able to confirm it or not.
Also, on my last cruise they offered a video game program (kind of like the soda card) that was cheaper for kids than adults.

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Captain

We use our portable DVD player in our bedroom and are also wondering if the AV jacks will be accessable on the ship. If not, we will use the portable. the reason we are bringing ours is that our daughter and her 3 children live with us and it will be really nice to unwind and watch a movie uninterupted. Not that we will be in our room every minute, but its nice to be able to should we want to just relax and order room service and watch a movie. We will be bringing it anyway for the long plane ride from Alaska!!

AKcruiser

Old November 12th, 2004, 09:27 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: audio vidio jacks on tv's Destiney

thanks for updates on posible options to explore. PPV will be intresting to look into, and video game card hmmm..now that may be worth the money versus pocket fulls of quarters. Thanks.