Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2004, 02:57 PM
jester

Default Sunset Beach Resort - Jamaica

Has anyone heard about or been to the Sunset Beach Resort in Jamaica? My husband and I are going on the Conquest and we have heard wonderful things about this resort. Please share any info you have.

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2004, 11:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Sunset Beach Resort - Jamaica

I was there this week. If I ever go back to Montego Bay, this is where I will spend the entire day. It was wonderful!!!! The cost is $20, they take your sail and sign card and put it in an envelope which you pick up on your way out.

There are a couple restaurants. One restaurant has barbecue pork chops, chicken, pan fried fish, saffroned potatoes, salads, desserts, etc. The grill has hamburgs, hot dogs, jerk chicken and french fries. There are lots of bars around the property. I took my 20 oz mug and they filled it with whatever I wanted. When I ordered vodka tonics for my BF, they actually poured double shots.

I think there are 3 beaches. The first one is fully clothed, the next beach is topless and the last beach is nude. Some of our group decided to try the nude beach just to say they did it.

The pools are very nice, lots of chairs. We actually sat in the covered area in big cushy chairs and tables. They had music trivia going and everyone was playing. It was very relaxing and we wanted to stay longer.
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
sunnymom02

How did you get to sunset beach? Did you take a taxi or is it within walking distance? Also, this is a tour that you do on your own and not through the ship right? Also, do you have to make reservations ahead of time or do you just show up that day. Thanks for your imput.

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
First Mate

We took a taxi, it costs about $3 from the ship to the resort. It is not a ship tour, you must do this on your own. Just go outside, grab a taxi, it's about a 5 minute ride. Our driver took us up to the front desk where we asked for a day pass. Some taxi's will drop you at the gate and you tell the gatekeepers you would like a day pass for the cruise passengers. No need to make a reservation.
Old November 8th, 2004, 09:47 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

When I send clients to JAM, I always suggest the Sunset Beach as a possible place to stay.

Darrell
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:15 PM
jester

Thanks for the input Irish girl. My husband and I can't wait. One question though - what exactly does the $20 pay for?
We have heard that it pays for everything, is this true? Are alcoholic beverages included in the $20?
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
First Mate

The $20 includes everything. Drinks, food, music, chairs, etc. Take your large insulated mug along so you can have it filled with whatever drink you want. One restaurant is cafeteria style, the other is the grill. The grill serves hamburgs, hot dogs, french fries and jerk chicken. The jerk chicken is quite spicey.
Old November 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Carley

Why does the resort take your sign and sail card?
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:13 PM
First Mate

I have no idea. They ask for 1 person to be the captain of the group. Put all S&S cards in an envelope with the captain's name and hold it for you. They don't say why they do it.