Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:10 PM
gatorclaw

Default Hyatt Downtown Miami, things to do the day before

Hello, everyone. I'm on the March 6th Valor, but I need help in Miami before the cruise.

I just got my Priceline bid accepted for Hyatt in downtown Miami. I will be there for the evening of March 4, all day and night march 5, and then the morning of the 6th.

I need some fun ideas for the evening of the 4th (walking distance from the Hyatt would be nice). Nothing fancy- some dinner, some miami flavor bar scene, etc.

Then on Saturday the 5th, I plan to go to South Beach to see what all the craze is about. Any suggestions for spending the day there? Lunch? Dinner? Fun?

Thanks fellow cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Hyatt Downtown Miami, things to do the day before

Hi gatorclaw, I am hoping some native Miamians(?) answer you. We also have time before/after our cruise. South Beach-shopping,eating, and then enjoying the beaches. I know you can catch the MetroMover from near the Hyatt to Bayside Marketplace-touristy type place with shops, food places. They have a website: www.baysidemarketplace.com There is also inexpensive, short, boat tours from that area too(I think). It would be neat to see Miami from a little boat!
I am not sure what else there is to do yet. Surely there must be other touristy things that are not too expensive!! Have a great cruise!

Old November 9th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Captain

The Dolphin Mall sends a free shuttle around to the hotels. Its a huge mall with over 200 stores and outlet stores. Their website is www.dolphinmall.com. Just curious what bid did you win on Priceline? We got the Courtyard By Marriott Airport West/Doral for our pre-cruise night and the 2 nights after through Priceline for $47 a night.

Happy sailing,

AKcruiser

Old November 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
gatorclaw

I'm sorry to say, I didn't get as great of a deal as I've seen before posted. For March 4-6 2005, I started at 45.00 then was declined. I rebid every three days or so and then
I did get 65.00 (per night) acceptd. Now, this is during Spring Break and if I booked thru hotels.com it would have been 210.00 per night, so I guess I did ok.
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Admiral

I got Hyatt3*Dwntn Miami Jan21&22/05 and Jan30/05 for US$46/night plus taxes&fees.
DolphinMall sounds like something we would like to do for a bit! Thanks for the website.
Gatorclaw-good PL price for Spring Break!
I read there is a walking tour 1 1/2 hours of South Beach art deco buildings.$10/pp I think.
What else is there to do?

Old November 10th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Gatorclaw:
Bayside Marketplace is less than a ten minute walk away. There are many shops, bars and restaurants located there. It also has a great view of the port. You can eat at Bubba Gumps, Hard Rock Cafe or other food shops. There are also many ethnic food and shopping stores just a couple of blocks from the hotel. Where you can have Cuban food, Brasilian coffee or go shopping at Radio Shack. :-)

South Beach is a $10 taxi ride away if you want to see the sights there or enjoy a beach day.

The Hyatt has a nice pool area but the drinks and food are bit on the pricey side but still a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Have fun and $65/night during Spring Break isn't a bad price.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Agree with Mike. . Bayside Market Place is good for an evening out, and close enough to the Hyatt to walk.

A day in South Beach is easy... lots of interesting looking cafes and restaurants. In the evening a stroll along Ocean Drive and then walk up to the Lincoln Road pedestrian mall. Again, lots of wonderful bistros along this area to have dinner at.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/