Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Greg
I'm not sure if this cabin is a secret, but we were on the Pride this summer and had cabin 7107. It is on the Verandah deck at the front of the ship and is huge. It's classified as a handicapped access room and when I booked it they tol me if someone required a room with that access our cabin would be changed. I would have had no problem with giving it up for that reason, but I booked it because it looked bigger on the diagram than the other inside or outside cabins. When I booked the Carnival Rep said that the deck plans might not be to scale, but if the cabin was bigger in the drawing that it would probably be bigger. The room was well over 200 sf, had a table, 3 chairs, a walk-in shower with folding seat large enough for 2, and plenty of counter and closet space. We had enough room to have some friends stop by for drinks and cards before dinner. It was a spacious, quiet, comfortable room for the price of the normal inside cabin on that deck. We loved it.
AZ Greg, I have booked a similar room on the freedom, do you have any picturesd of the room you can send me, justinfrommo@yahoo.com thanks.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Default cruising on fantasy oct 26

going on fantasy ship oct26 anyone else?
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Beginner

Default Legend

We are going on the Legend in March. We booked a balcony room on the Empress Deck in the 8C category they are supposed to be the same size room as the other balcony rooms (185 square feet) but the balcony in that category along with a few other categories are 60 feet instead of 40 feet...so slightly larger balcony

Does anyone have any pictures???

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...vr=-1294597293
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH
Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins with the super long balconies on the Spirit class ships? (6232, 6234, 7260,) If so how was the cabin as it is very close to the elevators.
We stayed on the Legend with Room 6232 Great Room No Noise from the Elevators. Triple Balcony and another perk we had the ice machine right next door I was always stocking up or chest with drinks in it.
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:21 AM
First Mate

V15 on any Fantasy Class ship is a great cat11 cabin. This is with the caveat that the balcony is tiny and can be seen BUT you can't jump/fall into the ocean as it is set back from edge of ship. I would do the cabin again.

Any cabin on either side of Lido deck on Triumph - can't remember the cabin number but what a great location!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
Admiral

I booked a last minute cruise a couple of years ago on the Carnival Liberty and was assigned stateroom #9201 on the Lido deck. This room is modified for wheelchair users and the only reason it was assigned to us was because it was a last minute booking. When you enter the room, the single beds are lined up on the left hand wall so you sleep head to toe with a small table between the mattresses. This positioning opened up a lot of floor space. There was lots of storage and a nice window that overlooked the wraparound deck in the front of the ship. The bathroom was very large with a huge shower that had a pull down seat. Loved this room! Also, this room was close to the "secret" door that leads out to the "secret" deck, ssssshhhhh!
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Passenger

I am booked on the Splendor for Jan 2010 and my cabin # is 9202, (on the Lido Deck) which is a oceanview and handicapped, but at an inside cabin price. All of the front cabins on the Carnival Splendor from the bridge up to Panorama deck are priced this way.
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Kuki, I just read your request from 2004 for "secret room" info. I wanted to share with you a secret room from Carnival's Spirit. It is an inside room but it has a french door which you can open. No balcony but you have an entire window like a balcony and if you choose it just right like we did, you are in between the life boats and can see a nice view. I wanted to know if you knew if any other Carnival ship has these hidden gems? we stayed in room #4149