Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Ship's "SECRET" cabins

b]With alot of help from you, I'd like to write an article about the "Secret Cabins" on various ships.

Most ships have a few "secret cabins" which are different than other cabins within the same category. They could be different because of larger balconies, or large cabin because of the layout, etc.

Some examples might be the "hump cabins" on RCI Radiance Class, or the FVs on Celebrity, the aft cabins on many ships.

If you've ever stayed in one of these secret cabins I'd appreciate you posting the ship, cabin #, and ammenities that you felt gave it that something extra.

Also would like to hear about the awful secret cabins. Those that are noisy because of a bar or disco around it, etc.

Again.. please be specific, with ship, cabin #, and reason to avoid.

Thanks in advance with the help for this article. Hope I can get enough input to make it work.[/b]

Old November 10th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Poolgal

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

It's not a secret, but I have stayed in The Ownrs Suite (not on ANY deck plans) and only on Fantasy class ships. Approx 1200 sq ft and totally top of the line because they really are The Owners Suite. Bob D. and Micky E.'s private suites's. They overlook the pool on Lido. I have pic's if anyone's interested.
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:08 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

How about any cabins in a corner on ships where the side isn't smooth? For example, we stayed in 7155 on the Spirit and liked it because the balcony had a better view when looking aft. I know there are other cabins similar to this on many different ships and they are easy to spot on deck plans.

Also, on Spirit class ships, the deck plans show a few rooms that look like they have much bigger balconies because of their odd locations near elevators. I haven't stayed in one but maybe someone else can confirm it. Theses rooms are 5236, 5238, 5245, 6232, 6234, 6281, 7258, 7260, 7303, 8232, 8234, and 8239.

Lastly, also on Spirit class ships, there are rooms at the front of each deck where there are connecting balcony/interior cabins. Families could have the cabins connected instead of across the hall.

As you might be able to tell, I know way too much about the Spirit class so I'll stop typing now...I hope this helps.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old November 11th, 2004, 06:08 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

On the Grand Class Princess ships (Star, Grand, Golden) Mini suites on the Emerald deck cabins 728 Port side and 729 starboard side have extra big balconies. I guess they are what you call wrap-around. Also, very private with roof over head.

I book these cabins when I am on any of these ships.
Old November 11th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Andy B.

Not really a secret, but our handicapped access room on Legend, #4203, was great because of the extra room. We didn't request it, just booked a guarantee and that's what we got.

Andy
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Rocket City Lady

Default Re: Ship's

Several Carnival ships have a few category 1A (lowest cagetory interior) cabins which actually have two portholes. The cabins have one twin bed and a sofa. I discovered the cabins a few years ago while browsing at the stateroom symbol legend in Carnival's brochure. Those cabins are great for me, since I travel solo. I get an outside cabin for the inside rate. I also like their location, which is at the front of the ship (quiet). I have stayed in porthole cabins on the following ships - the staterooms are as follows:

DESTINY - cabins 1101, 1102, 1105, 1106, 2101 2102, 2104, 2106

TRIUMPH, VICTORY - cabins 1201, 1202, 1205, 1206, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Check the brochure for cabin number accuracy - in case I made a typo.
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:57 PM
First Mate

Hi I had cabin 6442 on Conquest. It is L shapped with the bathroom right by the bed. but it has a double sized balcony. The closets are at the door hall, then the vanity . Then twin beds or could be put together. No sofa no room 2 chairs with a small table. But the Balcony has 3 nice chairs and 2 tables. Nice to have sunrise coffee and danish.

You could hear the Disco at night that was kind of a down fall but I only went to bed early one night so. Not real bad . Would get this room again. It is 2 from the aft on the port side.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:27 AM
JH

Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins with the super long balconies on the Spirit class ships? (6232, 6234, 7260,) If so how was the cabin as it is very close to the elevators.
Old November 16th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Happy Camper

OK - I'll have to go and look up cabin numbers but for now -

Celebration, Jubilee and Holiday - very aft outside cabins have very large cabins - about half again the size of a regular cabin with a very large window overlooking the wheel wash - these cabins do vibrate a lot but we love the size and view.

Inspiration - the outside aft cabins on Empress deck only have access to a stairway that leads to the children's center and on out to a deck on the back of the ship - not used by many and not usually even found by many so that you have your own large private deck out back one floor up. I tried this on the ELation but the stairway went to a conference room and was blocked off. This is great because up one more deck is the kiddy pool and one more is the alternate dining and coffee!!!! My morning have to have...

Destiny - very front of ship on deck 8 I beleive is an outside balcony that is excessable by a door on the side of the ship. No body was ever there and any cabin here would have a great private balcony for free!

Debbie
Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
conny

Thanks so much for your info; do you have any pix you could email me? The only ones I've seen make the cabin seem very cluttered. We have 375 days to wait..argghhhh!!! thanks for your help!!!! Conny
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
First Mate

I'd be interested in those pics Poolgal. I have actually seen the inside back in 99 on the Imagination. Me and my friend were just hanging out near there, and the person that was staying in it just said to us, "Hey you wanna see something neat?". Anyway if I could see those pics that would be great. Thanks,

Jocko

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
LisaV

I don't know if this counts, but on Valor, 2216 & 2217 are 1A with portholes and have only 150% single supplement. They have a single twin bed and the pull out couch. As a solo traveler, I would consider this a secret cabin. And from talking with my PVP, it sounds like other ships have the same kind of thing.

Lisa
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal
Default Re: Re: Ship's

How did you book the owner's suite. The last time my boyfriend and I cruised, we wonder whose cabin that was by the pool.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
barracuda

Disney has ' Secret Porthole ' rooms on both the Wonder and Magic.
These are outside obstructed view cabins for the price of inside cabins.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
Familiar Face

We have 6424 booked on the Triumph in a couple weeks. Looks just like cabin 6442 on Conquest! (2 from the aft on the port side)

I was hoping that the deck plans were correct and the balcony was about 2 times the regular size so it's nice to hear that it is.

Can't wait!

Jeff & Susana
Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've booked 1211 on Valor for back to back - porthole for the price of 1A - I was told that the cabin is approx 20 sq ft smaller than a normal cabin but since I travel alone it was not an issue. Love the idea of the portholes. Katie
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
seeuonboard

Yes, we were in room 8232 last Feb. on the Legend. Was upgraded from Riviera deck.
Probably because my brother and SIL had booked that deck before we made our reservations. Had our 86 yr old Mom with us. And it was right near the elevators. Very quiet. The balcony is huge.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
DonD

I would really like to tell you but it is a secret.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
hschipper

Cabin 1269 on the Victory is right above the crew's bar. Very loud music until the wee hours of the morning every night - loud enough to vibrate our flour. You wouldn't know this by looking at the deck plans, since they don't show what's below the Riviera deck.
Old July 19th, 2005, 11:45 AM
debra

We took our first cruise on HAL's Veendam in March 2003. We were upgraded from GTY inside to Cabin 313. The ship lists this cabin as having an obstructed view. However, only a short glance to the right or left out the window gave us some wonderful views. It was also a great cabin for "people watching" with the Lower Promenade Deck being a popular walking track because it circled the entire ship.
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Mich

I'm sailing on Carnival MIracle Aug 14th. We have stateroom 8246. Does anyone know what the cabins look like that have the convertible sofa and an upper bunk?
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Admiral

According to Carnival.com cabin 8246 on the Miracle has 2 twins convertible to a king and a convertible sofa and an upper berth.

Old July 19th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Passenger

Great info, helps for my booking.

Carnival Jubilee
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Glory

COUNTDOWN CLOCK:

Old July 20th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have stayed in cabin 2462 on the Carnival Glory (should be the same for all Conquest class ships). This is a category 1A cabin (upper/lower) but it is outside and has two large windows (not port holes). The cabin on the opposite side of the ship is also the same (2465). These cabins are very nice and are in the least expensive category.

Inspiration - June, 2007
Carnival Valor - May, 2007
Carnival Glory - August, 2005
Carnival Glory - April, 2004
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Sensation - September, 2000
Paradise - June, 2000
SS Norway - May, 1996
Fantasy - November, 1993
SS Norway - May, 1993
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Ship's "SECRET" cabins

Sorry, I thought I had responded to this a long time ago.

Carnival Spirit Class does have 6 "special" Port side cabins; Cat. 8I, Cat 8g and Cat. 8 E , that I know of. I have stayed in 8232. These have balcony's that are triple "length" of regular balconies and like others in their class are wider, too. noted on a deck plan with stripes. We had two chaise lounges, two teak like (they were resin) chairs and a small end table. When looking at the deck plan, the cabins to the Left of the elevator bank are designated Handicapped. These cabins are around the corner from the elevator banks so you do not hear any mechanical noise. The blank space next to the Right cabin, is an Ice Closet for the stewards. We never heard any noise from there either. Only once did we hear passenger noise late in the evening from the corridor as folks walked down the hall. Also, there are 3 additional cabins on the Starboard side, which have double long balconies. I just booked #6281 on the Pride. Cabin size was out the same as regular Balcony cabins.
Bon Voyage
Old July 22nd, 2005, 05:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Here was a great surprise for me on the Carnival Miracle, I booked a Category 1A, cabin 1249 and expected an upper/lower and when I walked into my room it was IDENTICAL to the category 4 cabins. (Had the same floor plan right down to the fridge!) I had two twins which I prompty got the room steward to make into one King bed. It even had those new white comforters and this was back in December 2004. I felt this cabin was GREAT considering I was expecting something much smaller than an category 4.

Robert6260, that is interesting to know, I tried too book those on the Liberty and my TA assured me there were no windows...now I know I will have to remember your info before I book my next cruise!
Thanks much!!

Chyna

Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to aquagal

Chyna that's great (and Robert too) ! I'm booked on the miracle with two friends in an extended balcony this sep., but I want to cruise a lot so might have to go solo sometime. What's it like cruising solo? Do you ever get lonely? I'm independent since getting divorced, but when I see big families together I wonder if I'll be sad. Just wondering :-).
Vicky
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

I have cruised twice solo and twice with others, I actually had more fun solo!
I didn't get lonely, in fact, I actually felt I relaxed more traveling solo.

If I can offer a suggestion, if you are feeling apprehensive about traveling solo, look for roll calls for the same sailing you will be on and join the thread. On the Liberty in December I am cruising solo, but, have located a group on a roll call of about 70 people who are also cruising so I will "know" several on the ship this time which I think will be a total blast. I am so looking forward to meeting those on the thread!

Vicky, you will have a blast no matter if you are solo or with a group!

Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:04 PM
scubasmits

Default Re: Ship's

Don't know if they fixed it yet, but cabin 1055 on Triumph has a water pipe that runs under the floor and out to the balcony that just starts making a banging noise at all hours of the day and night, about 3 or 4 times a day. This was in Oct. 2003. I wasn't the first to bring this to their attention because I found a letter of apoligy to the folks that were on the previous cruise in the room service menu. That and about half a dozen zip ties holding the pipe to the wall on the balcony. I got a free bottle of champange out of it and was ripped most of the time anyway, so it had minimal impact on my enjoyment. In fact, I've booked that same cruise for Oct. 2006 on Triumph, but on deck 8 instead of 10.
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

The TA's and Carnival Reps will always tell you that any Category 1A cabin is inside and has no windows or portholes, but you can tell which ones are outside by looking at the deck plans online or in the Carnival brochures.

Inspiration - June, 2007
Carnival Valor - May, 2007
Carnival Glory - August, 2005
Carnival Glory - April, 2004
Sensation - September, 2000
Paradise - June, 2000
SS Norway - May, 1996
Fantasy - November, 1993
SS Norway - May, 1993