Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Andy B.

Default Legend review

Hi all, my review of our recent cruise on the Legend is up now in "Reader's Reviews" if anyone's interested in reading it.

Andy
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Legend review

Thanks Andy:
It's good to see that the food quality has remained good on Legend. How was the food in the buffet? I was very pleasantly surprised with the food. It was some of the best I have had at sea.

I too noticed a few more boisterous folks on Legend than on previous cruises but nothing that really impacted my cruise in a negative way.

Thank you for submitting your review and I hope you can soon do another cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 11th, 2004, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Legend review

Thanks for the review. We have reservations out of New York in late May on it. I guess we will be with the rowdy crowd or whatever you called it. Did you think it was smooth boat? I read where one person said that the hallways creeked like they were falling apart.
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Andy B.

Default Re: Re: Legend review

Thanks for the comments. The food in the buffet was excellent too, but I'm kind of a big eater and easy to please. Really though, we both thought the food was great throughout the ship.

I forgot to mention the ship's stability. We both noticed considerably more motion on this ship than previous cruises. People wondered if the seas were heavier, but I don't think so, my own personal opinion was that the Fantasy class ships just ride better. Remember those are just my own personal observations. My wife didn't feel well a couple times, and it definitely bothered her, but she still had a great cruise. Luckily I've still got my sea legs from my Navy years and actually kind of enjoy a little motion, but felt sorry for her and her discomfort. The forward show lounge was the worst spot in the ship for rough motion, but it also seemed like the worst spot on Inspiration/Paradise.

Another neat thing about the Legend was the dining room aft windows looked right out the rear of the ship into the propeller wake, which was cool, but if someone were somewhat queasy it may be discomforting to be seated at one of those tables. I suppose the shades could be drawn though.

Andy