Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2004, 07:21 PM
sunnymom02

Default Renting a Tux

My husband does not own a suit but we would like to participate in the formal dinners. I was just wondering how you go about renting a tux on the ship? How much does it cost? and do you reserve it prior to the cruise or when you board the ship? Thanks for any info! Oh! And do you get the tux for the whole week (as there are 2 formal nights and reservations only dining available) Thanks.

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/05
Sensation 2/03
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Renting a Tux

The cost is under $100 for the complete outfit and yes you do get to keep it for the entire week. You can either reserve one prior to sailing or go to the formal shop and rent one after boarding. My suggestion is if you are renting a tux to reserve it before sailing to ensure they have his size. My best suggestion is to actually buy a Tux. They are cheaper than a suit and you will be surprised at how much use he will actually get out of it. I bought my Tux right after or first cruise. It cost around $200 and I have used it now at least 50 times both on cruising and in other formal affairs. Needless to say I have more than gotten my money's worth. I have an extra pair of trousers and a few extra shirts as well as differant accessories so that I can change the appearance easily.
Jim

Old November 15th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Duke 42

Carnival charges $75. for the tux and $10. for the shoes, for the week. Like Jim I bought a tux with 2 shirts for about $210. and have had more use than I thought I would. Some Tux are cheaper. If you get serious surf the web, there's a lot of good deals out there.
Old November 16th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Renting a Tux

Sunnymom,

Do you have a Geno's Formal Affair where you live?? They have a cruise special and they will let you rent a tux for a week while you are away on a cruise for $65.00. Much cheaper than renting the tux on the ship. Plus, you get to choose the type of tux you want, you get to pick two different color vests (you can choose one to match your formal dress), bow ties, shoes, and two shirts. Awesome deal!! We are doing it again for our cruise in January.

Post Edited (11-16-04 14:00)

Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Legend 2002
Carnival Victory 2000

Old November 19th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Debbie from Missouri

We purchased a very nice tux from www.cheaptux.com . It came complete except for the shoes. The tux was very good quality. Debbie from Missouri