Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Casey1042

Default Valor, Victory or Triumph

I am looking to sail on a 7 night to St. Thomas and St. Marteen. Does anyone have any suggestion on which ship is best. It will be just myself and my girlfriend. We are mid 20's and would like to know the differences between the ships.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
aileenw

Default Re: Valor, Victory or Triumph

Why not do the Carnival Glory. She is a huge ship and the eastern goes to Both St Thomas and St Maarten. Sailed on the Glory in Aug 2003. A great ship and newer than the Triumph.
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Casey1042

I didn't realize that the Glory went there too. The Valor is new this year right? Would the Glory still be a better ship?
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:55 PM
DENISE H

i have sail on the triumph twice always had good service the food was good
the show were great the cd mark price was realy funny and we enjoyed him i
hope thos helps you
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Casey1042

Glory leaves from Port Canaveral though as I look at it. I need to leave from Miami or Ft. L. Any idea which of those three ships are the best. ie. Most to do, most young people, etc.
Old November 16th, 2004, 03:11 PM
First Mate

I've never been on the Valor so I'm not sure how that ship is... or what its like. However I've been on both the Triumph and Victory and out of the two, my favorite was the Triumph. I'm 22 years old, and was on the Triumph last March/April (2003) The interior on the Triumph was alot better then on the Victory. Also, on the Triumph the "night life" seemed to have been better.... if you like that kind of stuff. And we sailed the same time of year on both ships. And if you do like a good night life, I don't recommend traveling this time of year. (Fall) Any more questions I will be happy to answer if I can.

Happy Cruising!

07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation

Post Edited (11-16-04 15:14)

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old November 16th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Casey1042

Kim, I've been on the Imagination and I see that you've been on it too. How would the Truimph compare to the Imagination?
Old November 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM
First Mate

The Triumph so far is my favorite cruise. I love the larger ships. And as I just got off the Sensation yesterday morning, It just reminded me of how much I love the larger ships more. There is just something about being on the larger ships that seems better, I don't know if its that I'm higher up or what. But the food compared to the Imagination/ Sensation and probably all Fantasy-Class ships is alot better. On the Triumph I loved the New York Deli, I loved the 24-hour pizza and fries. On the Sensation, and I would imagine its the same as on the Imagination just cause they are set up the same way... you can't get fries 24-hours like you can on the Triumph and Victory. And I'm sure the Valor is the same way. The Imagination doesn't have the different food stops along the Lido Deck hallway to the pool. The Grill and Deli and I think there is another little restaurant thingy too, with like sushi or something like that, but those aren't open 24-hours, but they are definitely open for lunch and I love having all the different options for food. Unlike on the Sensation and Imagination (Fantasy-Class ships). Also, now to me the Triumph is breathtaking. And the Imagination is not. Sure it was when I first saw it, but now that I've been on the larger ships.... I just don't know. There is just something about being on the Triumph, the feeling does not compare much to being on the Imagination. I strongly recommend the Triumph.

Also, at the top of the page you see a gold bar that looks like this
Forum: Carnival Cruise Lines Cruise Lines Destinations People Practical Advice Photo Galleries

click on Photo Galleries and search for Victory 2001 and you can see pictures of my Victory cruise. Then search for Spring Break 2003 and you can see pictures of my Triumph cruise. The pictures may not be that clear but I think you can maybe get an idea of them.

Post Edited (11-16-04 16:14)

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old November 16th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Valor is a new ship launching this December. If newness counts for anything, then that will be your best option.

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78