Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Captain

Default Nifty Ideas and Tips?

What nifty ideas and tips can you think of to share with others getting ready to cruise?

There are so many that we've all learned over the years!

I bring along those "as seen on TV" suction cup hooks to hang swim suits, hats etc on

I've read about the bungie cords to hold open the balcony door...but I just use the outside table!! and also the refrigerator magnet to place on the door contact so the air conditioner still works

This cruise I am bringing a flat tray to use in the Lido dining area cuz they stopped providing them and it is hard to carry everything to the table or back to our own balcony

AKcruiser

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2004, 09:53 PM
MNCruiser

Default Re: Nifty Ideas and Tips?

We took the advice of the duct tape and actually used it! It's a simple item to bring with and has a hundred uses--mine was actually to hold my bra strap under my formal gown when it was riding up!

We didn't use the power strip that was suggested on this board--found that plugging in just a hair dryer and curling iron was no issue with the couple outlets in the room.

Also wouldn't pack the big insulated mugs suggested b/c they take up too much room, and with the sun on deck, the drink inside didn't stand a chance for as big as the cup was.

A nightlight would be helpful and plenty of singles to tip with from the motel, to transfers until you are tucked in your room.

Something that has been helpful for us on all our vacations is taking an expandable folder (about 5"x 11") to hold your plane tickets/boarding passes, passport/birth certificate. We also take copies of our insurance cards, and the front/back of our drivers license and any credit cards we have with, just in case our purse or wallet is stolen. Once on the boat we add any cash to this folder and stow all of it in the room safe. It makes it convienant to have just one spot to turn to for all the important info.
Old November 21st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Captain

Default Re: Nifty Ideas and Tips?

Thanks for sharing...I had forgotten about the duct tape !! I too used it on a bra. i had a strapless that wanted to fall down so I put a piece of duct tape on the sides to keep it in place!!

Let's keep teh ideas flowing

AKcruiser