Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
Casey1042

Default Better Itinerary: Eastern Car. or Cabo/Puerta Vallerta

I am trying to determine which cruise I would like to go on. I have heard great things about both Itineraries.

Which cruise is better? The 7 night out of LA that goes to Cabo and PV on the Pride or the 7 night that leaves out of Miami and goes to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Martin on the Triumph.

We will be going in January and will want to choose the cruise that will have the best weather, better ship ammenities and the more scenic out of the two itineraries. We don't care much for shopping.

Which Ship is better? Which Itinerary is better?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
STEPH BATES

Default Re: Better Itinerary: Eastern Car. or Cabo/Puerta Vallerta

I would definately say that the Eastern Car. is a better cruise. There is a lot of poverty and little children desperately and continually needing money. I think it was a very depressing cruise because you feel so awful for the kids. Also, in Cabo, you just never know what the weather is going to bring. We sailed this itinerary in March of 2002 and the temp was 53 degrees there and the water was very rough so we elected not to get off. A huge difference between the two cruises is the Easter Carib water is spectacular versus the Mexico side. The Mexico itinerary is all pacific water which isn't nearly as warm and it is also dark water, not the pretty teal color of the caribbean. Hope this helps.
Stephanie
Old November 23rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
Rickmurg

Default Re: Better Itinerary: Eastern Car. or Cabo/Puerta Vallerta

Casey,

I have heard that cruising on the west coast that time of year could be a ton cooler than going to the Caribbean.

We have been to the Eastern part twice and I can't imagine the Mexican Rivera being as good. I have a friend who works for Carnival and she's been on 25 or so cruises. She says she won't so another west coast in the winter. Froze her butt for a couple of days until they got farther south.

There was a thread somewhere in the older messages that talked about it too.

My 2 cents.

Rick