Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
jmh

Default Triumph

Wondering if anybody could give me details on the Triumph? We are considering this cruise for spring break with our kids.
We went on the rcc navigator of the seas last year and loved it.
Most travel agents think we will be dissappointed with this boat. We are not hard to please.
Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver
Default Re: Triumph

I am interested too even though we arent on the Triumph untill next year, never to early to start planning!!

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old November 23rd, 2004, 03:30 PM
DENISE H

hi jmh

i have been on the triumph twice the second time was just this october the cabins
are keep very clean the food is good the shows are great we had a wonderful wait
staff and a great cabin persom mark price is a very good cruise drictour he was very
funny and we enjoyed him very much and we realy enjoyed the western route i hope this helps you
Old November 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Big Craig

We are sailing the Triumph Dec 11 2004 and will let y'all know how we liked it, after talking to many people and reading countless reviews we decided to try Carnival again since last CCL trip was in 1990 on the Fantasy for our honeymoon, I liked it wife likes Celebrity(I dont) way too formal for me.
We have cruised RCCL mostly and liked it alot (voyager class ships) and Princess (Golden) once and only once-NEVER again.
Feel free to email me after our return on Dec 18 or anytime is ok.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
First Mate

We are considering this cruise for spring break with our kids....
Most travel agents think we will be dissappointed with this boat.....

hum I find that hard to believe, that most TA's think you will be disappointed. What are their reasonings. Why do they believe you will be disappointed? Especially if you are taking your kids. Carnival is directed toward the younger ones... how old are your kids?
And in case you're interested, I have a few pictures posted in a photo album of the Triumph. If you click on Photo Galleries you can search for an album called "Spring Break 2003".

I doubt you will be disappointed with this ship. Its large and its beautiful, and its full of fun activities. The crew is fantastic. And the cabins even seem a little bit larger then on other ships. So if you like all that, then I don't see how you could be disappointed.

I say go for it! Out of the 7 cruises I've been on. The Carnival Triumph Spring Break cruise of 2003 was THE BEST!!! it was my favorite cruise.

Happy Cruising!
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
tinna

my co-worker went on the triumph a couple of weeks agao. she said the ship was wonderful and the food and workers was nice. i am going on the triumph in june 23, 2005 to canada out of new york city.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
evie

Default Re: Re: Triumph

My dh and I are leaving on the Triumph next Saturday, December 4. Will let you know how we enjoyed it when we get back.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
Admiral

We have cruised on CCL what 16 times? Two of which were on the Triumph and both times we had a wonderful time. The vessel is quite large at 101,000+ GRT with 14 passenger decks. It is 893' long and 116' wide and will hold approx 2,600-2,750 passengers double occupancy. 11 bars and 3 pools plus a kiddy pool and numerous areas for entertainment you can always find something to do while onboard. Plenty of deck space to sunbath as well as shady areas to just relax and maybe read a book. The also have a fantastic gym/spa, etc as well as areas for kids only and they even have the disco set aside at times just for the teens. The shows are wonderful with great sight lines and the staff has always been wonderful to us. Do I think you will enjoy it? Yes. Better than RCI? I don't know. The Voyager Class has lots going for it as well but the Triumph definately has better deli, buffet, pizza, food in genertal, entertainment, and we liked the staff better. The cabins are also larger for the standard cabin. You might wish to check out the readers reviews on this ship on this website as well as the 'professional' reviews of this ship by staff memebrs who have sailed on her.
Jim