Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2004, 07:24 AM
RUNWAY

Default Panorama Deck Motion?

We have always had a midship Empress deck room location and this next cruise in March we are in an 8e on the panorama deck. Does anyone know if this has more motion than the others because of its heighth? How is the deck and room? Any chance of upgrading to an 11 or 12. We did get a 12 once with an 8 e but a few years ago on the Trumph too. Thnaks for the info
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Panorama Deck Motion?

Because it is higher you will notice a slight bit more motion but mainly because you will be forward of amidships. It really isn't much IMHO but then again motion does not bother me. We personally love these cabins as it is close to the spa and entry to the pool area and when you walk out you have an overall view of the area to look around. There is of course always a chance of an upgrade but the bottom line is never expect one or book a cabin less than that which you would be happy with.
Jim

Old November 28th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Just got off the victory 11/14/-11/21 had an 8e depends on how the high the waves are. mild rocking,on our first two days but after that really did not fill that much motion. very restful sleep at night.
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:12 PM
my3dogs

We just got off of the Conquest yesterday and had an inside cabin on the Panorama Deck. Originally I was also concerned about motion. Friday was the only night that was a little rough. As I was walking down the hallway on Deck 10, I felt to floor rising up and then down. It didn't bother me though. Be careful of the heavy metal doors to the rooms. Late Saturday as we were coming up the river we made a sharp turn. The ship leaned just as I was at the doorway. The leaning caused the door to slam on my foot. It bled and turned black-n-blue. Gee, I sure hope all of the passengers didn't hear me scream.

Back to the Panorama Deck, we heard loud noises all night. One sounded like a loud spring-popping sound, then we heard loud pounding. My husband thought the pounding sound was the ship hitting the water since we were in the front of the ship.
Other than that this deck was very convenient.
Old November 29th, 2004, 09:43 PM
RUNWAY

Default Re: Re: Panorama Deck Motion?

Did you ever find out what the noise was? From the interior or from outside. What made it a good deck to be on and such. We have time to move if we need to it that noise keeps you up at night. Thanks for the help we are outside with a balcony and got a good deal.