Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Sabrina

Default Customer Service on Carnival Ships

Does anyone have any customer service issues they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I am currently working towards my MBA and am conducting a research project on Carnival Cruiselines. More specifically, I am interested in hearing about issues that you may have faced while cruising and if Carnival was able to solve those issues or not and how they did so. Did they do a good job at recovering? Would you cruise with Carnival again? Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Customer Service on Carnival Ships

I for one have always had outstanding service from Carnival both onboard ship and ashore. Sorry but I don't have any 'dirt' to feed you. If you are really interested in their service you would be just as concerned with good service as bad. Research involves a fair and balanced reporting for accuracy.
Jim

Old November 28th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Yeoman

Very true Jim,
No problems here either. I've only had great service and wonderful cruises !

Good luck on your research;
david
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I just went on our first cruise on The Inspiration. We took our own large bottles of water and since we don't drink soda we took Crystal Lite in small to go packages. When we were looking at our bill on the last day heading towards the port of Tampa we noticed that the Stewart was charging us for the water and the soda in the room. Carnival leaves this is the room with the charges posted. If they are opened you have to pay for it. Well the last two days we did not extra tip the stewart because we were going to leave him an extra twenty on the bed with a thank you note on the last day. We had been leaving $5 a day plus were charged the extra forty apiece to cover the tipsfor this short four night cruise but, we found the service all over to be excellent except for this bill at the end. I guess the Stewart was angry at us for skipping the two extra days tips and opened the bottles and then tried to get us back by charging us $3.95 for the water bottle and $2.50 each for the sodas. It was to late to go and complain to the information desk since we were close to leaving the ship. My fiance' did however go across the hall to confront the stewart about the mistakes on the bill and he said to my fiance' I can't do anything about it meaning taking it off the bill. He told my fiance' we opened it and have to pay it. Ken then said SIR WE DO NOT DRINK SODA AND WE STILL HAVE OUR BIG BOTTLE OF WATER TO DRINK SO WHY WOULD OPEN YOUR LITTLE ONE AND JUST LEAVE IT TO GET CHARGED FOR IT? With that the stewart said to bad and my fiance' said to him OK I WAS GOING TO LEAVE YOU AN EXTRA TWENTY ON TOP OF WHAT WE LEFT EACH DAY AND WHAT WE ARE CHARGED EACH DAY BY THE SHIP and then he turned to walk away from the Stewart. Funny thing after that comment the Stewart changed his tune and said loudly sir I can remove those charges from your bill give it to me. NOW! My Fiance' says you are not a truthful person because you already told me you couldn't remove them until you heard me say that you were losing an extra twenty tip because of it. Ken then looked at the dishonest Stewart and said I think we will leave it just like this and the twenty I was leaving as an extra thank you will go to pay on my credit card bill for the water and the sodas which you say we drank and which we did not. One other incident was at the information desk when Ken and I approached it for some information about the customs and what we could bring back since the talk the ship gave on this matter left some important facts out, the Swedish girl at the information desk was rude and could not answer the questions and blew us off. She was not nice and acted like we were bothering her. She had the meanest look on her face and frowned at us the whole time. We were first time cruisers and needed some important answers to questions we had and told her that. My fiance' looked at the girl and quietly said isn't it your job to answer cruisers questions? This is the information desk isn't it.? With that we turned and went to the other side of the room where the other information rep was putting luggage tags in a rack and asked him why the girl at the desk was so rude. He laughed along with the other rep that was helping him and said some people just don't appreciate their jobs. He continued smiling and answered not only our questions but he also took a special moment away from his work and chatted about how we liked the cruise. The kindness he showed us was much appreciated after the way the other rep treated us. PS_by the way the wait staff , the dining maitre ,crew and the food on the ship were awesome ! I loved our first cruise on Carnival so much I plan on doing a second with them. RO

Post Edited (11-28-04 17:57)

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:45 AM
deborah grimes

Sabrina, I sailed Carnival Triumph in Dec. 2001. We really did not have a cabin person to clean our room. ( one cabin guy said " your cabin lady is on vacation" and took her name out of our room.)Everyone filled in when they could, so most of the time my room was clean late in the day and hardly refreshed our room, our tickets for tour was late getting to our room everyday after many calls , we findly went to get a nother set our self. they told me the cabin person had them but did not know who. I said something to the people at the info desk. Nothing really changed. So their tip reflected what I left. My TA wrote a letter to Carnival when we got back, and they sent us a 10% coupon on the next cruise. We are taking that cruise in 6 days with the Carnival Miracle. Everything els was great. And yes, we would love to sail the Trumph again. My hubby love the ship. Hear that she will come to Charleston, S.C. next year we my cruise her again. Never took a ship out of our home port. This one time thing would not stop us from sailing Carnival we love sailing CARNIVAL. I hope this helps.
Old November 28th, 2004, 11:48 AM
MNCruiser

We sailed the Fantasy last April, and one example of good customer service comes to mind. I was having trouble with the memory card for my digital camera, and needed a bit of super glue to fix the problem. At the information desk the gal said she didn't know of any super glue on board. When I explained the problem I was having she told me she had some "nail glue" for her fingernails back in her cabin that I could use. She took down our cabin number and had this delivered to us when she was off her shift. Certainly a moment of "thinking outside the box" and taking care of her customers.
Old November 28th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Admiral

I have cruised many times on Carnival and other lines. Overall, I would say Carnival has one of the better customer service depts. in the industry. Oh yes, there has been minor things arise but with a civil attitude on my part they were always corrected promptly.

Many times people go on a cruise with the expectation that everything is and will be perfect. Not so. Nothing ever is. The experienced traveler, whether on a cruise or a resort vacation knows this and knows the way to resolve a problem is not with a loud confrontation but with a calm, clear and open mind.

Call me skeptical or whatever but when I see one of these " research " threads I always wonder. Anyone can post a thread on " research ". I have never seen one wherein someone was researching a Hilton, Hyatt, the Luxor, Marriott, Days Inn, etc. It's always on a cruise line and usually Carnival.

Remember several years back Don Henley ( of the Eagles fame ) had a song out called " Dirty Laundry " ? Well, sorry but this is one longtime cruiser who has no dirty laundry to air about Carnival. If and when I ever had or will have a problem I will simply resolve it with them.

Happy researching to the " researchers " and happy sailing to the sailors.
Old November 28th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Carnival mistakenly sold me the wrong cruise video (we got the week *before* our cruise instead of our week). They tracked down a copy of the week we cruised and mailed it to me within 2 weeks, no questions asked and didn't even ask me to send back the incorrect video. Hats off to Carnival for a quick resolution.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old November 28th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Passenger

15 or so Cruises on CCL never had a need to talk to Customer Service.
Anything that was not just right, was handled by the crew one the spot.
Never had billing trouble, lost lugage, bad service, or anything that would make me wish i was home in the snow.
Some cruises where better than others, but none much less than an 8
Now want to hear some BAD stuff?, Airlines!!!!!
P.S, And i never get air thru CCL
Old November 28th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Admiral

I am not sure of this 'research' project either as all that would be necessary is to hop on over to CCL's home office as it is right there where this "researcher" lives. Guess I have seen too many people looking for dirt or complaints about cruiselines, mostly Carnival, for whatever reason.
Jim

Old November 28th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Jim - do you really think anyone asking would get the "whole" truth from Carnival or any other major corporation?

I have no problem with threads like this....with the internet as big as it is, it is a good tool for research, taking into account that it will not be a scientific study, but can be a good place to get a taste of things so to speak.

Old November 28th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Passenger

One time, while sunning on the Lido deck, I got really thirsty. It had been 10, maybe 15 seconds since someone had come by with a tray of drinks. I was irked. FINALLY, 7 or 10 seconds later, someone else came by with drinks. Then, imagine my displeasure when the Miami Vice I got had an improper ratio of pina colada to strawberry daquiri. It was 49% colada and 51% strawberry!! well, I immediately threw the drink in the waiters face and spat on the guy next to me for no reason, then marched back to my cabin crying. It gets worse. When I got to my cabin, the towel animal left by the steward had become partially unravelled!! You'd think, after cleaning my cabin 4 or 5 times that day, he would've gotten the #@$& towel animal right! I'm still in therapy from the traumatic experience, but other than that, all of my carnival cruises have been great.

Inspiration - April 2005 - 5 days West
Miracle - April 2006 - 7 days West caribbean (the wedding/honeymoon cruise)
Old November 28th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Kujobie, there was absolutely no reason, no, not a single one, for your steward to screw up on the towel animal. That would have tipped me too. The drink, the waiters, etc. I could forgive---but to screw with the towel animal is something I couldn't tolerate either. Hope your therapy is coming along well and maybe some researcher will do some research on the towel animals and how they affect peoples lives.
Hang in there. All will come right in the end.
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:15 PM
MikeNBec

Gee, looking for dirt........wonder if this is a chance to get a job at the New York Times.