Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Shan

Default JUST BACK FROM CARNIVAL LEGEND..ANY QUESTIONS?

Hello Everyone.

We were on the Legend for Thanksgiving....if you have any questions for me please email me at: Shanicans@netzero.com
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2004, 06:02 AM
ConnieMc

Default Re: JUST BACK FROM CARNIVAL LEGEND..ANY QUESTIONS?

Hi, I was on the LEGEND Nov 3-11, it was beautiful. We had lots of fun things to do, there was a large variety of food and the weather was perfect. If I had to complain about anything it would be the quality of the food. It was very average. I could have easily stayed on my diet. And the crew did not talk to you much with you. I understand about the language barrier. It wasn't about their speaking it was their lack of friendliness. As if they were told not to be too friendly with the guest.
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Shan

Default Re: Re: JUST BACK FROM CARNIVAL LEGEND..ANY QUESTIONS?

Connie,

This was my first Carnival and compared to RCCL and Celebrity I was extremely disappointed in the food....especially in the Unicorne Cafe...it was horrible? The desserts had NO taste or sugar....I was onboard for Thanksgiving and it was the worst Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had...it was on Formal night and we didn't bring Formal clothes so we had to eat at the Cafe....they had turkey, gravy, yams mixed with turnips, and cranberry sauce....that was it!!

Never again will I cruise on carnival.
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Andy B.

Default Re: Re: Re: JUST BACK FROM CARNIVAL LEGEND..ANY QUESTIONS?

I know it's all a matter of opinion, but we were on the Legend Oct. 26-Nov. 3 and I have to say the food and staff were without exception outstanding, in my opinion.

Sometimes when reading this message board I wonder if maybe I just don't know what good food is, because I was impressed once again. And the desserts! I'm getting nostalgic just thinking about them- and there was no lack of sugar from my perspective!

I was a little apprehensive about cruising on the Legend after reading negative reports about the food and crew, but my wife assured me, "Don't worry about what other people say, you'll like it just like always!" and she was right once again.

As far as relations with the crew, I've found that if you make a point of engaging them in conversation, based in genuine interest, invariably they respond favorably. I do suspect they get a little tired of being treated like servants, and witnessing the disgusting and obnoxious behavior of many of the guests week after week without break would be wearing for me too. I guess I can understand how they might get a jaded attitude toward the guests.

Anyway, I want to give a little bit of positive input to anyone who may be sailing on the Legend. You definitely won't starve at least!

Andy
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:06 AM
SJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: JUST BACK FROM CARNIVAL LEGEND..ANY QUESTION

Well, I have to agree with Andy B. Our family thought the food very good. We have picky eaters in our family and they all enjoyed the food. The portions were good size, the meats done as requested and it all arrived hot to our table. Our headwaiter, Azem and waiter, Lindon were fabulous and made our children enjoy the "stuffy" meal of the day. In fact, we looked forward to that meal of the day and was disappointed to miss our early seating because of a port of call. These waiters really were personable and friendly and the kids were on the lookout for them the rest of the week, as we were out and about the Legend. Also, we thought the Unicorn very good, as well.