Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:32 PM
sky

Default have you seen

i took a trip from Tampa on the Inspiration to Cozumel it was a 4 night cruise, 2 days at seas and just the port of cozumel. a very strange thing happened, on the 2nd day of sailing i lost my travel companion. i reported this to the captain and port authotities and nothing has happened he is still missing and he didnt fall overboard.......
HELP me. it seems nobody wants to know about this situation.... can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: have you seen

Are you sure he did not fall overboard? That is common on Carnival. It just happened last week on the Celebration. Did he get off in Cozumel and not return? That is strange!

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 29th, 2004, 01:06 PM
sky

thanks for the info dave...

i am seeking legal advice due to the fact that the ship cant offer an explanation on my friends where-abouts.

some one needs to be held accountable for this mystery.
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Admiral

No it isn't common on Carnival or any other ship, It happens every now and then and it is tragic and we should never make light of it as has been done in some posts, that is just cruel and wrong. As for this poster claiming that they reported it and nothing was done, I do not believe this. In addition the Inspiration does not do 4 night cruises out of Tampa, only 7 night cruises out of Tampa. The Imagination does in fact do 4 day cruises but they port in both Cozumel and Key West. Someone is confused or making a heartless post. This will not be tolerated at Cruisemates
Jim

Old November 29th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Actually Jim, (and not in defense of this poster) the Inspiration took over the Sensations itinerary of 4 and 5 night cruises, the Miracle took over the Inspirations 7 nights and the Sensation was relocated to New Orleans. So hoax or not, the Inspiration was on a 4 nighter to Cozumel earlier this month.
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Okay - is this for real? TTFN Jennifer
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I dont know but this seems fishy to me. With a story like this any TV station would love to go public with this. I remember when the Legend went to Bermuda from NYC this past summer the TV stations were waiting at port for passengers to begin getting off. I dont know if true or not but seems wired.

Queen Mary 2 Independence Day Cruise

Coral Princess
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: have you seen

Strange, indeed. If it is a hoax, what a desperate need for attention....

Terri
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Notice the poster has not come back? Like I said, I do not believe it.
Jim

Old November 29th, 2004, 09:36 PM
RUNWAY

For those of us who have "lost" someone this can bring rough emotions and possible cancelations if it is something that is not addresses by Cranival. I however have found that even if you loose an object on the boat they will listen and give options, as for a person... I think they would have been all over this. Anyone wonder if they didn't take the oppertunity to maybe be sure to get lost? I mean no ill will but having truly lived through a loved one gone, was this the place to voice it since no one can help from the other states.
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Give Jim a break his job is to keep false posts off of this board and I think he is doing a great job. As for showing up at his house no but he could ban other posts from users like this.
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:19 PM
duane

I haven't heard any thing over the news. The Celebration incident was on CNN. I think someone is making a "sick" joke at our expence. Also that is Jims job to monitor these posts and as it has been said before, he doing a great job.
Old November 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
sky

sorry i did not reply sooner, i have been so upset and even more upset now i have seen the un-sympathetic messages i received from members here.

i have exhaustes all my options and i can only assume the reason no help is being given from the port authorities is because i am a bangladeshi female.

the media do not have an interest in anything that is not of a white skin and from european or western society.

my friend would not leave me without telling me where and why he was leaving, however i am still hoping i can get to the bottom of this issue.

thanks to all for showing concern and to those haters out there... go forth and multiply!
Old November 30th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Admiral

This is the last post from this person, They are using a fake addy and CCL has not information on this. Now this person who is anon is claiming race and gender bias which I have never seen any cruiseline care about at all. If there was the slightest chance this was true I would not say a thing and do whatever I could to assist this person but nothing said adds up at all.
Jim

Old November 30th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Admiral

ALso, I have deleted some pretty nasty posts from this thread. Nothing is ever funny about someone dying.
Jim

Old November 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
First Mate

Well done Jim, thank you

Old November 30th, 2004, 09:39 PM
MikeNBec

Nobody died. It was a farce.
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Captain

Jim,

Thank you for moderating this board. Your concern and dedication are very much appreciated. Keep up the good work!! I have seen nothing but concern and empathy from cruisemate members in real crisis situations. Let's pray for the less fortunate and rejoice for the blessings we have.

Calm waters and sunny skies cruisemates

AKcruiser

Old December 1st, 2004, 08:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

What happened on the Celebration? I was just on that cruise Nov 11th. The last 'fun' day at sea was so rough, I was about to jump ship myself! I didn't hear of anyone actually falling overboard, does anyone have more details?
Thanks,
MaryC
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:41 AM
duane

You can read the story at cnn.com. Type in Celebration in the search engine for cnn and the story is still there. Its sad and true unlike this thread.
Old December 1st, 2004, 01:36 PM
Admiral

They still do not know what happened or why the gentleman went overboard. The body has not been recovered at this time and it is still under investagation and the search I believe has basically wound down to the "if we find him great but probably won't" phase. Lots of uninhabited areas to wash ashore if he was not caught in the Gulfstream and if he was....just hard to say. The weather was just in change at that time and it was a windy night and rough seas. Happens all the time in the Spring and Fall.
Jim

Old December 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
sky

i do not remember ever saying that my friend fell, jumped or was pushed over board. i am unsure as to where the overboard issue arose from.

i stated i lost my companion and he did not fall overboard. the concern from the moderator of this page is that i am a troll (what ever that is) and that i am playing games in this forum.

i assure you i am a genuine cruise enthusiast, who has expressed her concern regarding my travel companion.

jim thanks for the email, i was very disappointed in your attitude with me and the situation.

the response i received from this forum re my issue was not taken seriously by most of the members and i feel was turned into a joke.

i do not normally use gender and etnicity as a bias but in this case i felt it was justified. i do not want to harp on about these issues my main aim is to get to the bottom of my companions where abouts.

thank you for the time you have given me in allowing me to post on this forum.

regards

sky
Old December 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Dixie Lee

Maybe your travel companion wants to be lost?
Dixie Lee
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:01 PM
Passenger

Sky,
I am curious as to how you know for sure he did not go overboard? If he is lost and you have not seen him again, how are you so sure he is not in the ocean? Did he pack his bags and leave the room? I think if you were to give more details, others here might be more empathetic.
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:20 PM
Passenger

The CNN story relates to a man on the Celebration NOT the Inspiration.
Remy
Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:56 AM
rickmurg

Any chance of just deleteing this thread? It wouldn't bother me to see it go away.

Rick