Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Samantha Engle

Default Question: "Stateroom details" on Carnival's websit

Hello! I have a question that's probably been answered before, but I couldn't find any information. In February I made a reservation on the Carnival Miracle for this upcoming Jan 2nd for the lowest (and cheapest) stateroom, I believe a 1A or something. Following this, I registered on Carnival's website. When looking at your reservation you can click on a link for "stateroom details". (nothing tricky like book modify or kelly). Earlier when I did this, It reported an interior stateroom (what I had reserved). However, now it brings up "balcony stateroom" (cat 8 or 7 obstructed). Have I been upgraded or is it still too soon? Regardless I plan to have fun, I will probably only be sleeping there anyway! Thanks - you guys are a great source of info!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM
rickmurg

Default Re: Question: "Stateroom details" on Carnival's we

I would be surprised if you were upgraded to that extent but once you find out, let us know. Then I'll stop paying more expensive cabins and get the upgrade!!!!

Rick
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Admiral

I too would really be surprised if you were upgraded to anything beyond a nice outside but it isn't unheard of so expect an inside cat 1A and be thrilled if you get anything higher. <G> Do let us know what you end up with. The Miricle is a very nice ship and you should really enjoy yourself.
Jim

Old November 29th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Terri Ann

Samantha,

I booked an interior room on the Valor for January 2. I also registered on the Carnival site and have always seen the pic for an interior room under "stateroom details". After reading your message, I just checked and it shows an ocean view room now!! Category 5 or 6. Category 5 has port holes, but I don't care. The ship looks like it is close to being sold out, so maybe we did get an upgrade. Will just have to wait and see, I will be fine if we don't. Just getting anxious to cruise and go on vacation.

Terri Ann
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Samantha Engle

Default Re: Re: Question:

Yes - I am not really expecting an upgrade - especially one 3 magnitudes higher than my initial reservation. However - I do think that carnival may have switched assignments around. Since my reservation I have been checking expedia and travelocity for remaining rooms - previously there were only the higher up categories remaining (balcony and suite I believe) - now, at least on travelocity, there are only insides left. I know its silly - but I guess its fun to guess where you'll be - in no way am I claiming to be an expert at the cabin-assignment-guessing game.
Old November 29th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Samantha Engle

false alarm - it switched back -- so can I can technically that I was in a balcony stateroom for a short period of time??? Just kidding!