Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Default t.v.s in the cabins - can you plug in a video game?

I was considering bringing one of those small plug & Play games with us so the kids would have something to do in the cabin while my husband & I dress for dinner, etc. I'm talking about the kind that you just plug in like the little Atari or Ms. PacMan ones. Do you know if the t.v.s in the cabins have the place to plug these in? I don't know what you call it...a jack?)

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Big Craig

Default Re: t.v.s in the cabins - can you plug in a video game?

Bring them a book to read instead, they will have plenty of games on board, JMHO.
Old December 6th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to riwehr

Bring a book? I dont think BusyMom was looking for parenting advice!
BusyMom- If I remember right, there are plugs/jacks. I remember telling my husband that we could hook the video camera up to it to view. That is a great idea- I've seen those games in the stores, and it sounds like an excelent way to keep the keep busy and out from beneith your feet!!

Carnival Ecstasy

Old December 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Big Craig

OMG here we go again with the parental thing, I am far from one to give advice, I guess reading a book is not as important as knowing how to read, but they will be able to kick some A$$ playing PS2 and Atari.
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: t.v.s in the cabins - can you plug in a video game?

Thanks, riwehr, for your help. That is the information I was looking for. I appreciate your help. Enjoy your cruise!
Old December 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: t.v.s in the cabins - can you plug in a video game?

Big Craig, I was already planning to bring books. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Big Craig

Great, I was not trying to tell you what to do, please believe me, we may be old fashioned but we keep our kids away from PS2, they get reading time internet time(kids zone) and play time, just not crazy about what we see in those games.
Here in SC education is really below par, and kids need all the help they can get, we need to be strong role models like it used to be, oh no I am starting to sound like my late father.
B.C. is now stepping off his soap box, sorry
Triumph
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Yeoman

Big Craig,
! Its amazing how we do that . ( Sound like our father's) When we where younger, and growing up, we was never going to be like our parents ! !

Busymom,
yes you can. As riwehr stated, you can also hook up your digital camera to view your pics too. Just don't forget your cable to hook your camera up. ( Like I did )
They also have a gameroom onboard too. Its pretty neat, even for a big older, much older, kid ! lol ! But beware, you can go through $10.00 real quick.
Hope you have a wonderful cruise !

Happy cruising;
david
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97

I'm not sure about the newer ships, but the ships (Victory, Triumph, Destiny, Paradise) I have been on you cannot plug anything in (RCA input jacks).
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:10 PM
First Mate

I was on the Destiny, and I recall being able to plug in an RCA jack to front of TV for the video camera. I already posted the same question about TV jacks months ago. I have a few cruisers this month going that are going to research this subject.
I too thought of the easy to pack Atari plug in games (don't forget extra batteries if you do bring it). I also wanted to know about portable DVD player hook up, I see you already got advice about bringing books --you should have seen my advice about bringing a DVD player!
To me even a day traveling by plane and sitting in an airport can be a long day. Depending on your childrens ages, I brought puzzle books, and books that use the magic invisible ink pens for the plane ride when my son was younger. Also I brought CD/cassette books for him to listen to. While the ship has a "kids" arcade, it can add up to many quarters, and I wanted to know where my son was being young at the time.
I also found comic books passed the time and held back items and unwrapped them like little surprises on different days. Hope this helps. I know I got off subject but as a mom ideas just come to mind.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Big Craig

You can always get a Rf modulator and connect it to where the cable comes in from the wall, if you should choose not to have the kids read a book.
Triumph

Saving For Next Cruise
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:34 AM
CindyK

My kids are past the "keeping them occupied" age but If I may toss in my 2 cents worth.......I think there is enought time in the day/week/year/life to accomidate reading a good book and playing a fun game. All in moderation. Enjoy your trip!
Old December 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM
CaboCraig

Used a portable dvd player on the Carnival Spirit last year and added a plug & play spiderman game this year on the NCL Star. Both ships had rca inputs on the front of the tv.
Old December 15th, 2004, 08:38 AM
bjkeen

I remember the days when I used to try and keep my kids occupied while my dh and I got dressed too. It helps to have something to keep the kids busy so they aren't loud or rowdy in the cabin. A game is better than the alternative. The t.v.'s are basic so you will need to bring your own hook up. Have you thought about the pocket size hand held games that run on batteries? Then you wouldn't need a hook up.

Enjoy your cruise!

Want to see pics? You can go to my gallery and see ships.
www.webspawner.com/users.bjkeen