Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
bjkeen

Default Miracle Cruise

I went down to the Port of Tampa a couple of weekends ago. The Miracle is a sight to behold. It dwarfs Channelside. The ship is lovely and sleek. Standing there waving good bye to people makes me want to sail on her again. This was a view I didn't have before because the last time I saw the ship I was boarding.

Come on down the weather is great in Tampa Bay. It's time we had decent weather after all those Hurricanes. Tampa was so lucky. Most of what I have seen is tree damage. I have seen a few houses that had trees land on them. It is unbelievable to see a huge tree ripped out of the ground with the roots sticking up. Most unrooted trees are gone now. I've been checking the weather outside of Florida and it looks cold. I'm running around in shorts. It doesn't get much better than that, shorts in December.

Welcome to the sunshine state!
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn
Default Re: Miracle Cruise

I only have 73 more days to go!!!
Miracle here I come!!!!!
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Beginner

Disneylynn,

Have you posted a cruise review for the Miracle anywhere? Did you cruise with kids? I'd be interested in hearing about any things that you really liked/didn't like about the cruise. Any tips or suggestions? Things to make sure I do or to make sure I pack? Thanks. I'm getting excited about our cruise.
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:06 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

I only have about 5 days to go then I will be on the Miracle myself!! woohoooo!
Chyna

Old December 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

Chyna, Im the cruise after you, keep it clean and we'll write a review, right?

10 days, 11 hrs and 20 minutes until i sail!
Old December 8th, 2004, 09:53 PM
First Mate

Hey chyna. Remember me . we heard from you on another post site. We all plan to meet at 5pm on the lido deck bar on the back of the ship. We will all be wearing mardi gras beads to recognize each other. Hope you will join us.

marty
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Passenger

hi there, thanks for message on boards, i am a first time cruiser, we are from western new york state. my husband will not go on the cruise, but we are driving down to tampa and he will stay with friends.

i am also handicapped and have rented a scooter for the cruise, plus i will have my wheelchair to use to sit on deck

i am so excited, i am counting down the days. i have never been on a cruise or even traveled to florida.

i am so excited but the one area i am having problems with is what to pack, i have bought new clothes and packed and unpacked them - i cant seem to get the amount down small enough. any suggestions?

can you give me an example of what a typical day is like?

i dont plan on getting off at the ports, maybe another time, i am in a group with carol duval crafting cruise form HGTV. we have 3 classes to sign up for.

you can even email me privately: dixie368a@usadatanet.net but please anyone put carnival cruise revies in subject line... or else i dont open them and please not attachments or downloads. thnks ...dixie cruiser
Old December 9th, 2004, 07:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Branflakes...will do....

Marty thanks for the info...5pm Lido deck, stern bar, do you know the name of it? I will look for Mardi Gras beads....sounds like fun!

Marty, please feel free to write me at chyna_doll_baby@hotmail.com

Chyna

Old December 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM
First Mate

Chyns. I am so glad to hear from you. The place we will meet is called Orpheous Bar. It is just outside of Horatio's Resturant at the stern of the ship. Meeting time is 5 pm. We are leaving in the morning to drive down to our son's house. Will drive from Ocala to Tampa on Sunday am. The others in the CC group will also be glad to see you too.

Marty
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:41 PM
bjkeen

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond; I had a family emergency and have not been on the board lately.

I posted a review today and virtual tour.

Typical day cruising- includes as much activity or as little as you like. I understand some people hang out by the pool all day, others get off in port and see the sights, some stay on the ship and go to the activities. Some just read in solitude. You see I have interviewed many different people on the same cruise and they all had different experiences, even members of my immediate family do different things except when we are going on excursions, then we all go together. Dinner is always interesting, because I never hear the same story twice.

Dixie,
You might want to call Carnival and ask them questions at 1800-CARNIVAL.