Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM
cruisnshanz

Default Passengers with BrOkEn AnKlEs....

I currently totaled my car (not my fault) and broke my ankle.... Leave for a cruise this Saturday... Just wondering if you all think my crutches and cast will ruin the cruise!! I'm a little bit worried about it....
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Passengers with BrOkEn AnKlEs....

I have seen more than one person show up0 for their cruise in a cast or on crutches and even in wheelchairs from recent accidents and they still managed to have a good time. Maybe not as much as they could have had they not had injuries, but they made the best of it and were happy to be there. Go for it and do what you can and enjoy. After the car accident you deserve a little pampering.
Jim

Old December 9th, 2004, 10:57 AM
browezilla

Sorry to hear about your accident.

You can still have a good time. I've seen folks in all kinds of ambulatory state. A lot of it depends on your personality. I tend to be very active, so it would impact me, but I would still be able to enjoy it. On a side note: On our last cruise, my wife sat beside a guy on the plane with these huge raccoon black eyes. He had wrecked his car the day before and the airbag really bruised his face up pretty bad.
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
cruisnshanz

Thank you all for your imput, it really has reasured me that the cruise will still be fun!!!!!! I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllly worried about it!!!
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Yeoman

If you go with an open mind and a good attitude, Yes, I believe you'll have a great cruise and a wonderful time. Just take it easy and most of all, don't over do it.
You want be able to climb Dunns River Falls, but I think you can find something onboard to do and alittle shopping here and there in a few ports you would enjoy.

Happy cruising
David
Old December 9th, 2004, 03:16 PM
venice

ask for a wheelchair when you are checking your bags with the skycap and maybe they'll take you thru the process quicker
if your doctor has given you some pain medication, be careful not to drink or you might be really "feeling no pain"

outside of that you will have a great time