Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2004, 06:47 PM
kk

Default Time in Tampa before flight

We will have several hours in Tampa after we get off of the Miracle on Sunday. If we find something to do to fill the hours before our flight, what can we do with our luggage? Can we store it somewhere? Hotels?
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Time in Tampa before flight

Check the tours that Carnival offers. Last year when we had a late flight out of Miami we booked a tour to the Seaquarium. It was 3-4 hours long and they took you to the airport after the tour. The price of the tour wasn't much more than the price of a taxi cab ride to the airport. They keep your luggage on the bus while you are on the tours. Not sure what they have in Tampa, but this worked for us in Miami. Carnival list shore tours on their site, check them out. Happy Sailing
Old December 11th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Admiral

We have done tours with Carnival in Fort Lauderdale and New Orleans before our flights. It's a great way to continue your vacation before flying home. You are one of the first ones off the ship and your luggage is stored under the bus according to which airline. We took our carry on inside the bus with us like you would on an airplane because we had valuables and breakable items. Enjoy what ever you do.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old December 11th, 2004, 10:31 AM
bjkeen

Welcome to Tampa!

The Florida Aquarium (next door to the cruise terminal) will store your luggage while you visit the Aquarium (small fee for the aquarium). There are also museums down town. Next to the Carnival cruise terminal is an old battle ship that people take tours on (for a small fee) if you are interested in history. If you have a rental car you might want to drive across one of the bridges to St. Petersburg or Clearwater and see the beaches.

Just make sure you are at the airport at least an hour before departure. The traffic between 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. is bad if you are on any of the major highways.

To bad you don't have a couple of days; there is a lot to see in the Tampa Bay area. My family loves Busch Gardens (it takes all day) and the cost is around $60.00 per person. We have Florida residence rates so I'm not sure what the rate is if you are from out of town. They have a web page at www.buschgardens.com and you click on Tampa, if you want to see what Busch Gardens is like.

Feel free to ask me anything and if I don't know the answer I'll check around for you. I'm a Florida native.