Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo
Default Roatan Island, Honduras

Stopping at Roatan Island in March on the Valor. we are interested in doing some snorkeling. Any suggestions concerning ship excursions?
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Roatan Island, Honduras

Roatan is a beautiful island. It is 3rd world, poor, but with lush vegatation, beautiful beaches and a good reef structure. If you want great snorkeling, contact Fosters Roatan and hook up with Gerrilee - he does private snorkel tours and they are the best, picks you up right from the ship in his boat, your get to see a lot of the island plus he knows all the great snorkel spots. Have fun, I'll be there again in May - Katie
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
CindyK

Default Re: Roatan Island, Honduras

My daughter and I went to Roatan on a NCL cruise and we booked an excursion to Tabyana Beach. It was wonderful! A beautiful bus ride from the ship to Tabyana Beach that stopped along the way for picture taking (at one point you can see both sides of the island at the same time). The bus itself was a bit.........bad ( it was a school bus and I think some school retired it about 15 years ago)but the scenery was great. The beach itself was clean and you could walk into the water to snorkle, they also had scuba and some type of assisted scuba. The reef was georgious and you could go in and out of the water at your own leisure. They also had canopy tours available and served a hotdog/hamburer/ fruit and drink lunch.
It is a poor island but is very beautiful and a joy to visit.