Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:43 PM
girlscout

Default Sign and sail cards

If two people are traveling together, but have separate accounts - do we pick up an extra form at the ship, or just make a copy of the form and have it filled out ahead of time?
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Sign and sail cards

I had this same problem. I was told I could do it either way. This information came from posters on this board not Carnival. I am going with making a copy and having it already filled out.

Old December 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Astros is correct. Either way works.
Jim

Old December 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM
JNKY

We just had a nightmare with this. Two reservations were made and paid under one credit card, hence one set of travel doc's. At check in, we were given two separate forms to fill out for each of us, which we did. At some point during the cruise, it was discovered that all of the room charges were being put on my credit card only, and nothing on my travel partner's. My travel partner went to straighten it out, and make sure his charges were removed from my account and placed on his. In doing so, they completely cancelled my account, nullifying my ability to purchase anything on my own account. I went, tried to explain what was happening, and they assured me that it was all taken care of. At check out, we both received separate accounts, listing our own individual charges correctly....however, they actually did end up putting the entire amount of both charges on HIS credit card, and none on mine... I dont know what we could have done at the onset of the cruise to have prevented this, any more so than we did...which was what was asked of us..... The interesting thing to me, though, is that the reservations were paid with MY card, not his!!
Old December 15th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Passenger

We had 4 in a room on several cruise and never had any trouble doing individual Sail & Sign accounts. All we did was complete 4 Sail & Sign forms at the port at check-in.
Hopefully it will work as well for you.

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old December 15th, 2004, 06:30 PM
tinna

i hope i don't have any problems, my son and i willbe having 2 different accounts when we go to canada on the triumph in 2005
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Sign and sail cards

When my parents and I were on the Fantasy this past October, at check in I gave them my credit card for my charges and my parents filled out the one that came in the docs. We had no problem with any charges that we had on board.

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:00 AM
bjkeen

Even after the paperwork, I always go to the Purser's desk after boarding and tell them what I am doing so they make sure it is correct in the computer.

I had my ds on my s&s account when he was sixteen and just before disembarking II noticed video game purchases of $150.00 (which I didn't care because we were on vacation), but it would have been nice to know in advance that he could purchase items and put them on my card. Prior to that cruise, I didn't think they would let kids purchase items with their Sail-n-Sign cards I thought they could only use them as a card key to open the door and for I.D.

www.twinstravel.net
http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100