Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:02 PM
sunnymom02

Default Ferry to Rum Point in GC

Hi. Has anyone ever taken the ferry to Rum Point? We are going to be in GC in April 2005 from 7am to 4pm. I was just wondering how you go about taking the ferry to Rum Point and then would we have enough time to spend a while there? How long does it take to get there by ferry? I know if you rent a car and drive it could take almost an hour to get there. Just wondering?? Also, I know right now the ferry is not running, but hopefully by April it will be

Thanks

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Ferry to Rum Point in GC

We took a ferry to rum point and its a good ride, at leat 45 minutes or so. If there is a ship excursion going there, I think I'd try to book it that way, then you would be able to get back in plenty of time. You have to also consider that you have to tender in Grand Cayman.

Rum Point is a beautiful spot, we rented scooters earlier this year and went there, its also a long ride that way, but a nice place to just relax and enjoy the beach.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:49 AM
bill kraus

Hi , remember Rum point was really hit hard by the Hurricane ,so do your research. When you get off the boat ask someone to take you to 7 mile beach. then behingd the hotel to your right is the ferry It runs on schedule so check it out. Have fun Bill if you do it this way it will cost a lot less . iVE DONE IT MANY TIMES
Old January 5th, 2005, 05:17 PM
sunnymom02

Hi. Do you know what hotel it actually runs from? I have a feeling that it is not up and running yet, but we do not cruise until April. Also, I heard that there are tours from Rum point to Stingray Sandbar? Is this true? Are there any websites about Rum Point that you would recommend? Thank you Trying to figure out what to do in GC. Would like to do stingray and also a beach and I have heard good things about Rum Point. I also heard that there is some shopping there as well. (less crowded than seven mile beach?)

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Ferry to Rum Point in GC

Hi SunnyMom,
The ferry we took left from the Hyatt Regency, and yes, I've heard of tours going to both sting ray city and rum point. I have heard that Rum Point was hit hard from the hurricane, so better make sure there is something there, although the water there was absolutely beautiful.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 5th, 2005, 09:18 PM
bill kraus

Default Re: Re: Ferry to Rum Point in GC

Hi Rum point was opened about a month ago.
You can go to stingray city if they are running there shuttle,but it is about the same price as the ship. The benifit is that you will be on a shuttle with about four people rather then 100. Email Soto,s cruise. they charge 30$ for a two dive snorkel trip icl stingray city. no one beats them good luck