Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:36 PM
sunnymom02

Default Which Beach in Cozumel?

We are looking for a beach that does offer parasailing, good food, pool/hot tub and shopping! What beach do you recommend??? Was looking into Paradise beach or Mr. Sancho's or San Fransico beach? Any recommendations? How far are these beaches from one another? Thinking about doing 2 beaches???

Sunnymom

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2004, 10:15 AM
jf

Default Re: Which Beach in Cozumel?

I went to the playa del san fransico which just means san fransico beach it was lovely there was food, drinks, beach chairs and water sports I think it was about a 14 dollar cab ride for 3 of us just a little tale of caution the cab driver on the way to the beach was very nice but when we went to leave one driver tried to tell us it was more to get back having traveled a bit I knew that that was unacceptable so I told him that it was 14 to get there and if he didn't want to take us back for 14 I would happily give my fare to someone else and for there honesty would tip them well. You can image how the story changed and that he was just confused and we were returned to our point of origin for the same fee. I hope this is helpful.
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:14 AM
Soleil

I liked Mr. Sancho's. It was very quiet on the day we were there, I don't know if it's always like that. The food was very good, too. They have some "gringo" food and some Mexican dishes, great for kids or picky eaters. I remember the empanadas were especially tasty and the quesadillas were also very good.

They have a very cool little bar with swings...it's kind of fun! We got a drink in a pineapple!

I don't know about the parasailing, we were there to lay on the beach and relax. They do have a little market area as you enter the beach club, seemed to be souvenier type stuff, silver and "fun" teen style jewelry like shell necklaces, etc. We didn't really stop there- they were friendly and would call to you to come in and look but they didn't really get annoying.

We had a good time there.
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:18 AM
Passenger

We went to Mr. Sanchos, nice beach, good for kids. You can snorkle or dive, as they are PADI certified.

Glory 2004
Old December 21st, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yeoman

We were in Cozumel 3 times this year, and each time, we visited Mr. Sanchos beach. We rented a car first thing off the ship, drove through town, across the island, down the east coastline, and stopped for some sightseeing along the way, then visited Mr. Sanchos beach for the afternoon. They are very friendly, and the shopping is good, be sure to haggle with the, and expect to pay about 1/2 of the original price.
The beach is really nice, and we walked up and donw to neihgboring beaches. Drinks are great, and the food is good! We have been to Paradise beach and San Francisco beach, and prefer Mr. Sanchos the best. Will be hitting Cozumel again in May on the Navigator, and can't wait to go back to Mr. Sanchos!

Have a great cruise!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old December 22nd, 2004, 05:37 AM
BigCraig

Cozumel was great, enjoyed the beach, beware of the shops at the port location, a mexican blanket my child wanted they told me $35 as we kept walking away the price came down to $6, yes six dollars, negotiate price with these people suggested.
Old December 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Admiral

We went to Paradise Beach Club in November and had a wonderful day. Food & Drinks available for purchase, lounges with umbrella's, clean rest rooms & showers are all there for your use free. If you like to use the water craft & toys, there is a $5 per person charge. Mr. Sancho's was also great with Mexican lounges (hard to get out of for this Nana), great food & drinks and water activities for rent. There was the souvenir vendors right there for your shopping convenience. It was much cheaper to haggle and shop here. Paradise is about $12 taxi fare with Mr. Sancho's @$14 both well worth the time.
Bon Voyage
Old December 27th, 2004, 03:54 PM
sunnymom02

Thanks for the info! Can you walk from Mr. Sanchos to Paradise beach? Are they close together. Thinking about trying 2 beaches. Thanks.

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003