Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2004, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Carnival Miracle 12/12/04

Back from the 12/12/04 sailing of the Miracle. Fabulous ship!! Great service!! Great ports! Even survived a 6.9 earthquake in Grand Cayman. Please feel free to email me if you have questions about the Miracle or the cruise.

Chyna_doll_baby@hotmail.com

Old December 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Ray B.

Default Re: Carnival Miracle 12/12/04

Hey Chyna, Im cruising this ship in March. I have a gratuity question. A recent article in the St. Pete Times sz that ships now "add" the tip to each eligable employee, times the number of people in the room.

The article said it can add hundreds to your rooms bill? Is this true?
Old December 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
GM

They ( Carnival) automatically add $10/person/day for tips on to your bill . You can adjust higher or lower at the end of the Cruise w/o a hassle- it's no big deal.
Old December 28th, 2004, 09:38 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

This cruise I actually liked the automatic tipping, last cruise I did the "pre-pay tips" and this comes out to be the same. You can adjust the amounts just as others have indicated and even give cash to those on the spot you feel have gone above and beyond, and there any many who go above and beyond on this ship. And for the record tipping isn't an "addition" to your bill, it is something seasoned cruisers plan for and allow for and isn't any burden. When you consider you have these people at your beck and call almost 24/7 for a week, it is really a small amount and a "token" for what they really do.

Have a great time on the Miracle!!

Chyna

Old December 29th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to JMWL

Tell me EVERYTHING - we leave with a group of 16 on the Feb 20th sailing. . . I can't wait. . . . . . .Which excursions did you do - do you still have the Shore Excursion Listing? How were the shows, the "activities", and food, good things, bad things. . . .

Thanks in advance!!

Counting down the days~

Post Edited (12-29-04 09:07)
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:24 PM
GM

We just got back from the Miracle last week- great time, great ship! Go to Carnival's website for the shore excursions. We ended up not booking any excursions thorugh the ship. We went to Stingray City on Grand Cayman through "Dockside" a vendor right at the port, for $35 each- very nice lots of fun, nothing fancy. Rented a jeep in Cazumel and went to beaches to snorkel. In Belize did the cave tubing- highly recomend it. In Costa Maya we spent the day in the little town to the south of the port (Mahual sp? or somehting like that) and had a blast!

Shows were good the hypnotist show was very funny and the Beatle show was very well done, I was impressed. Food was great- tough to come up with any bad things- you'll have a good time!