Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Rooster

Default Cruising with kids

Hi. Can anyone recommend a GREAT cruise that my 8 year old and my 5 year old would really enjoy? We want to leave out of either New Orleans or Orlando. That means we'd either be going on Carnival's Conquest or on Royal Carribean International's Grandeur of the Seas. We could also go on Holland America Line's Zaandam, but I'm concerned it's not really geared toward families with kids. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13
Default Re: Cruising with kids

Between those, I'd definitely go for the Conquest. You're right...Zaandam is not really geared toward kids. Grandeur would be good but Carnival Conquest is the biggest, newest, and is guaranteed to have lots of things for your kids.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old December 29th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Rooster

Okay.....I've done some research and I've narrowed it down to 1. Carnival Conquest 2. Carnival Glory or 3. Royal Carribean Int'l Mariner of the Seas. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to which would be the best for my family (8 yr. old and 5 yr. old kids). I want the kids to have lots of FUN and I want to drop them off at the "youth program." Do all three of these off that? Thanks in advance!
Old December 29th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Passenger

We were on the Glory, and they had great things for the kids. The Camp Carnival is wonderful.

Glory 2004
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:40 AM
OhioT's

We're going on the Conquest this Sunday, January 2nd on our first cruise with a 10 year old boy and an almost 4 year old girl. I can definately let you know how it is when I get back. I'm not quite sure what to expect!! If you have any specific questions, please let me know.
Old December 29th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Shellbell

We are leaving January 30th, 2005 on the Carnival Conquest. We are bringing our 7 and 5 year old sons. We have heard nothing but wonderful reviews about this ship for families. We are very excited as this is not only our son's first cruise but ours as well. We talked to the cruiseline several times about the best cruise for younger children and each and every time we were referred to the Conquest. We were in contact with a wonderful cruise rep. from Carnival. His name was Gary. His telephone number is 1-800-438-6744 ext# 33030. He is terriffic and can give you all the information you need to know about the ship.
Old December 29th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Passenger

I was on the Glory in October with my 9 year old son, he had an absolute ball, we all did. They are great with kids, spoiled my son rotten and Camp Carnival was the best. He can't wait to cruise again. We're going next November on the Imagination with my sister and her two kids, I recommended it highly to her and I wouldn't have done that if my son didn't have a good time.

Take care!
Suzanne