Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Jeff K.

Default Lodging in New Orleans

I need help!! The Maison St. Charles has a 2 night minimum for the weekend we are sailing. Halloween is a popular weekend in NO. I am looking for advice on where to stay the night before we cruise that has parking priced reasonably and transportation to the cruise port while the vehicle is parked. Otherwise does anybody know the price for parking at the cruise terminal? Is it a hassle to get there? Are the hotels by the airport too far? Do they provide transportation to the port?
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Lodging in New Orleans

I stayed in New Orleans last Halloween and you are right, most hotels require a 2 night stay, some even require 3 nights. But, we stayed a the Drury Inn and they did allow a 1 night stay.

Parking is horrible in NO, hopefully the new parking ramp at the port will be completed by next halloween. Parking runs about $12/night in the garages. (Fulton Street Garage, Whale Lot) I think it used to be $12 at the port also.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old December 29th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Admiral

At present, there is little parking at the terminal itself. They're doing major construction at present....and there may be more parking by Halloween 2005. The hotels in Kenner [where MSY is] are cheap...and about 15-20 miles from the port. Typical "chain motel" [Holiday Inn/Best Western/Travelodge]. No hotel-port transfers. However, some offer hotel-airport transfers. When you returned to the airport, you could then take CCL transfers or the airport vans to the pier. Which is what I did.

Both cost about $15.

Post Edited (12-29-04 20:43)
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:01 PM
First Mate

Have you tried to Riverwalk Hilton cruise package? $99 plus one week free parking. You do pay $22 for the first night that you stay there for parking.
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Emerald31

I will be cruising from New Orleans around Halloween in 2005, fortunately for us we will not need a car. The rates for the hotels are expensive and in some cases the hotels themselves told me they didn't have availability. I was playing around on Priceline one nite and did some bidding. I managed to get the 4* Le Pavillon in the Central Business District for a very good price. I am not sure this is a option for you, if it is you can always try it.
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Yeoman

I stayed at the Ramada Limited in Metarie. They offered free shuttles to the French quarters and the airport. The parking is open. Nobody would ever notice that your car has been there a week. It was a fair hotel. No complaints, nothing fancy but good rates. We plan to stay there again in April.
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:18 PM
noslen3333

i have used a cruise package from the Holiday Inn Superdome. I think parking is $5.00/day...pretty cheap for NO and they had a great full free breakfast. Each room has a balcony and the rooms are clean and large. I would stay there again easily. They do have a shuttle that will take u to the pier but I felt it left too late..I think it was 12:30 so we took a cab. Very easy to do. Good luck.