Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Inspirational Cruiser

Default Best way to get from Tampa Airport to Carnival Dock?

Whats the best way to get from the Tampa Airport to the Carnival Inspiration Dock? Taxi? Shuttles? Walking ? I have booked a seperate flight from the cruise line, so I have no package deal.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2004, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Best way to get from Tampa Airport to Carnival Dock?

If you go to www.tampaairport.com, then click on ground transportation, you'll get a list of shared van services, taxis etc. Have a great trip. HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old December 31st, 2004, 10:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

There are lines of taxis outside the terminals, should cost you around 18.00 to 20.00 dollars to get to the ship. If it is just two of you needing a cab, look around for people with the bright cruise tags on their luggage, a lot of times they will share a cab with you and you can split the fare. Yeah, I know I'm a cheapskate! Happy Sailing
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
Inspirational Cruiser

Default Re: Re: Best way to get from Tampa Airport to Carnival Dock?

Thanks you all!! Only 4 days 8 hours to go for me!!!!!! Happy New Year to you as well.

Inspirational Cruiser
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:53 PM
Admiral

Have a great and safe cruise. Happy New Year
Old January 4th, 2005, 05:46 AM
bjkeen

We have a lot of construction going on. Hwy. 275 is a nightmare. If it were me flying in, I would take a taxi and tell the driver I wanted to go to the port, but to avoid the construction on 275. You can go straight down Hwy. 60 and follow it all the way down town and to the cruise terminal. I'll have to get the names of the roads down town that you need to turn on. Down town is one mile from the cruise terminal. Often you can see the tail fin sticking up before you get there. Once you go over the bridge you have to turn right which sends you in the right direction. Then you just have to manage to go the right way on the one way streets.

You can also go to www.mapping.com and put in the airport address and put in the Channelside address for the ship and mapping should give you directions with names of the roads.