Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Robin32470

Default Shore Excursions "Roatan Honduras"

Any recommendations on what to do here?
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Shore Excursions "Roatan Honduras"

When are you going? I am going on 1-23 to the same stops. We are planning on the River Wallace/ Altum Ha tour which is a river boat ride to the ruins. Really looked into the Cave tubing which sounded fun. But, I am traveling with history buffs. In Roatan we are going to a orphanage then to the beach. Does not sound as though there is as much to do there.
Karyn
Old December 31st, 2004, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tabyana Beach is a private beach for cruisers. It has wonderful snorkling, canopy tours a beautiful beach with chairs etc... and a lunch included, buses pick you up at the dock and run from the beach back to the ship about every 20mins so if you decided to return to the ship you don't have to wait for long. My daughter and I had a great time there!!
Old January 1st, 2005, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Shore Excursions "Roatan Honduras"

We're interested in the canopy tour but there's confusing info out there about booking it. I'm confused about the deal with cruise ships. Some cruisers said if there is an NCL ship in port the day we're there (I don't think so) that w won't be able to do the tour. Others say the only way to do it is to book the Tabyana Beach club. Does anyone have any recent experience with this tour??
Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:48 AM
LisaV

I found this website accidentally - http://www.jungleriverlodge.com/ - they have canopy tours, but they are on the mainland. I haven't seen how to make arrangements to get there from the island.

Lisa