Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Default worst vacation ever

I just had the worst vacation ever. We went to vegas and disney with 8. We cruised last year same 8 and it was the best vacation ever!!!!! we all just kept saying why did we do this and next year we are crusing. We learned our lesson.
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Keith Bernhardt

Default Re: worst vacation ever

Did you travel with kids ? How old were they ?

Where at Disney did you stay ?

As for Vegas I haven't been in about 10 years.

I understand Vegas was building up to be a family sty;e destination, but a friend of mine who goes there quite frequently, said they'rre dropping (or considering ) dropping the family style image for vacation place.

I am in the travel business. I believe Disney is such an enormous place, that if you travel
with children, I really believe you get your money's worth and have a good vacation, if you take them when they're old enough to appreciate it (7 or 8 on wards.)

The thing is, what I've heard and understood, is people take really young children for a week down there. The kids(ages 2 or 3) see Mickey Mouse for 20 minutes and are ready to go
home.

I am not being critical and or judgmental, because I do not know the facts of your situation.

I am just passing on some observations I have experienced from my 20 yearsin the travel industry.

am j
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM
bjkeen

I have to laugh because my kids have forgotten what it is like when you are not cruising. Last year we went to Disney World (first time in a few years) anyhow, the kids could not get over the fact that we had to purchase food and that the food was so expensive. My son said, "no buffet?"
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Yeoman

A cruise is the only vacation for us. We've been to Disney, and all the theme parks. Then we tried a cruise. We where hooked.

happy sails;
david
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
BigCraig

Same for us with our 10 yr old, cruising over vegas or disney anyday.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
Dixie Lee

Isn't Vegas too big? We were there in May and, to us, it just seemed too big, too many people, too expensive, too everything. Just heard on the news that something like 35 million people went through Vegas last year - record numbers. Our fun things all took place out of Vegas - 4 x 4's though Red Rock Canyon and flightseeing in the Grand Canyon. Sorry to hear about Disney - what was wrong? We were thinking about going this year - hadn't been since early 1980's - heard it is very expensive and crowded. Yep, cruising got us hooked too. I can't imaging coming back disappointed from a cruise.
Dixie Lee
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:44 PM
imabeans

I live in Lakeland Florida (about 45 minutes from disney) and can say that every time I have been it has been way overcrowded. It is also very expensive. A nice alternative for my family was Islands of Adventure -a Universal Studios theme park. Fun for adults as much as for children.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
BigCraig

$59.75 for a disney one day pass per person is just too much for us, plus overpriced food and souveneirs, plus a decent hotel, plus plus plus, we will stick with cruising.