Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2005, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Glory Past Cruisers

I am looking at taking a W. Caribbean Cruise in Dec. 05 on the glory. I have seen some posts over the last few months of the bumpiness of the Glory, which surpirses me due to the size of the ship. Anyone out there cruised on the Glory Summer/Fall 04 that wants to give their input would be greatly appreciated. Happy new year and thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Glory Past Cruisers

We enjoyed the Western Caribbean on the Glory in August 2003 and never experienced any bumpiness. It was our 2nd best cruise of them all. The food was the best of any ship. Enjoy.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:33 AM
runway

We went the Eastern 1st part of November. Hit the begining of a hurricane the last night and green gills all over the ship. We don't mind the rocking except this got bad hold on to your bed type. HOWEVER the other days were beautiful and would not have stopped us. Have gone the Western both winter and fall and always great. The glory is bigger and if you think about it , if it get a roll it's a bigger roll than samaller ships. Go and enjoy it is wonderful.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:42 PM
Admiral

I have been on the Glory approx. a year ago and didn't notice anything unusual. Keep in mind no matter how big the ship it is nothing in regards to the ocean.
Also you have to keep in mind that the ocean is ever changing. Sometimes it's calm, sometime it's not. I could cruise this week on ship x y z and have a very rough ride. You could cruise next week, same ship, same route and it could be smooth as a lake.
Generally speaking, I think that's where you get these postings about a certain ship riding rough, etc. Also, If someone has never cruised before they may mistake the normal movement of a ship as being " rough ".
I seriously doubt that you have anything to worry about regarding the ship and in Dec. the weather should be settled down as far as hurricanes, etc. so you will be fine.
Just go and as they say--- if it rolls, roll with it .
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sailed on May 15 2004 - bumpy 1 night but not enough to make anyone seasick.

Nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

Valor Westside!