Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2005, 06:39 PM
Jayne Gorby

Default the latest with problems on the Holiday

Hi,
I saw earlier on some posts that they were having problems with the ship out of Mobile..." Holiday " Any new info on this yet.?...we were going to go on a last minute cruise on this one but I might change my mind and go out of new Orleans instead....
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2005, 09:44 PM
jim & lolita

Default Re: the latest with problems on the Holiday

What I heard was that some mechanical problem with the speed of the ship is keeping them from going to Coz and they are cruising around in the Gulf about 50 miles offshore from Mobile. No update on when they will get the problem fixed.
I have no problem with cruising, but running around in cool weather sucks. I like the tropics.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
Jayne Gorby

yes as we live really close to Mobile we were thinking that this would be a quick get away..however I don't think I want to just cruise 50 miles off shore so it looks like we will head to New Orleans....
Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Dixie Lee

Find it hard to believe Carnival won't respond QUICKLY to getting this fixed. We sailed on the Holiday in October. This ship vibrated A LOT - many people noticed this. We figured this was because the ship was smaller than most. Sorry to hear that. Overall, it was a really nice cruise. City of Mobile spent a fortune on the terminal and the parking area - heard about $20 million - and all of it is really, really nice. Would hate to see that all go to waste. Surely Carnival won't let that happen?
Dixie Lee