Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default tampa hotel/shuttle service/post cruise ideas

Hi everyone ..a group of us are sailing on 4/24 on the Miracles ..we are flying in on 4/23 and are searching for a hotel with shuttle service to hotel/to port...hard to find it seems..so far we have come up with the Residence Inn Downtown, ChaseSuites and Mainsail Suites..any thoughts or experiences? Or any other Ideas would be so appreciated! Anyideas for post cruise? we don't fly out until 6pm!
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: tampa hotel/shuttle service/post cruise ideas

The Chase Suites is an outstanding hotel. I have stayed three times and am staying there again 1/13/05-1/17/05. It is a very clean place, more like a condo than a hotel. We rent the two bedroom suite which is great for 5 of us. The breakfast each morning is awesome.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
IamDeena

I have found Chase Suites have the fly sleep cruise package and The Hilton, Hyatt Have shuttles but charge about $5 pp.
Also try this website http://www.parksleepfly.com they have some other hotels listed.
Personally I think we are going to stay at the Chase Suites it sounds nice and I only have to contact them for transfers. For $129 a night we will be staying the day before and the day after the cruise.

First Cruise Inspiration 2/5
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Here are some things I've done in Tampa that don't take much time. My two kids go to school at the University of Tampa, so I've been there quite a few times.

The Florida Aquarium right at the port is a small aquarium but is fun to go to. Walking around Channelside at the port is nice too and there is a Hooters restaurant that actually has good food. The bowling alley at Channelside is fun also. You can also drive about 25 minutes to Clearwater Beach. If you don't want to drive that far from the airport, you need to check out the International Mall. Besides being huge, it has some great stores and restaurants in it, especially the Cheesecake Factory. Great food and even better desserts!!!!
If you do stay at the Chase Suites, go to Bahama Breeze restaurant right near it for lunch or dinner. The place is fantastic.

Hope this helps.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:01 AM
bjkeen

I live in Tampa.

The Radisson Riverside will shuttle you to the ship. I clocked the distance and it is one mile from the ship. You might try Hilton down town and Embassy Suites. Both are also relatively close to the ship (within a couple of miles). One group that is cruising in February checked hotel prices on www.priceline.com, www.hotels.com and the other .com addresses and cameup with $45.00 per night at the Hilton down town (normally $100.00 and up per night).

The Aquarium is right next door to the cruise terminal.

Feel free to email me if you have other questions about Tampa. If I know the answer I will tell you, or if I can locate the answer for you I will.

www.twinstravel.net
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:02 AM
bjkeen

P. S.

I sailed on the Miracle, first sailing out of Tampa in November 2004, and the ship was beautiful.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Ssimon

Looks like you and I are on the same ship! We stayed at Chase Suites last year and loved it. We're staying there again this year too.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: tampa hotel/shuttle service/post cruise ideas

Hi Darcy,

We too decided after reading everybody 's imput to stay at the Chase Suites and may even go back and pay half rate as we don't fly out until 6pm on our return...Where are you coming from?
Shawn
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Thanks so for the info..we have decided to stay at Chase Suites ..what do they serve for breakfast?
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Passenger

We did decide to Stay at Chase Suites and thanks so much for telling me that the restuarant is good because we'll have no transportation! I was a bit concerned! What type of food do they serve?
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Crusingbears

There is Tampa Marriot Hotel and Marina within a 10 minute walking distance of the port.
You can also ride a trolley for $1.50 per person from the hotel to the port. You get on the
trolley across the street from the hotel. It is a very very nice place to stay and we highly
recommend it.
Happy Sailing....................
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Shawn

We're coming in from NH. Last year breakfast was fruit, cereal, muffins, pastries, waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, juice, etc.. Very good. We got in late and ordered pizza from a local pizza place and had it delivered. The room had a mini kitchen. The front desk keeps menus of local places that deliver. Everyone there was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. When we decided to cruise out of Tampa again this year one of the first calls I made was to reserve our room there.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Old January 8th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Passenger

Darcy, Thanks so much for the info..breakfast does sound very good..how was the shuttle service to/from Chase Suites?
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Shuttle service was fine. When we arrived at the airport we called the hotel on one of the courtesy phones. Shuttle was there in about 20 minutes.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Miracle 4/05