Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Beer in my suitcase!

Sailing on Conquest in Feb. We've taken liquor bottles on ships before in our checked luggage w/no problem. However, I'd like to sneak a case of beer or two in my checked luggage (we're driving, not flying) and was wondering if anyone had done that before or had thoughts on it.

Sure would save some $$ at $3.25 per can!

Valor Westside!
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Beer in my suitcase!

I have had friends who have hard sided luggage for carrying beer and pop on board in the checked luggage.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
BigCraig

$3.25 per beer? When was the last time you cruised? We just got off the triumph and it was $.75 per beer, we carried in our backpacks, 1 litre of JD, JW Black, sothern comfort & vodka, no problem, they did not even blink as we walked through the scanner at check in-go for it.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
BigCraig

oops $4.75 per beer, sorry
Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
singingcruiser

Don't know Carnival's recent policy but Norwegian confiscates all alcohol. They put the stuff thru power scanners and won't even deliver the luggage to your room. Instead, you have the indignity of having to travel to the ship's belly where security combs thru your open luggage in front of you. But hey...you get it back upon departure. Hint: leave it to your cabin steward as a tip. Good luck.
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Duke 42

They scanned our carry on (Paradise) and I had to fight with some bozo to keep a bottle of wine for our anniversary. The policy is absolutely no hard stuff. Other than that nobody ever bothered us on any other cruise but rest assured these days your luggage will be scanned.
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Jamiex4

A friend of mine wheeled on a cooler filled with soda and beer last November. No one even checked it!
Old January 6th, 2005, 05:40 PM
STP1972

I was on Glory in December and had a 12-pack of Tecate in a checked bag. It came through to the cabin, no hassle. Also, while on shore we frequently brought back souvenir bottles of local brew to drink back on board. The security scan staff didn't bat an eye. I think they were really more interested in catching passengers bringing back multiple bottles of liquor.