Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Passenger

Default Destiny cabin problems

We are sailing on the Destiny Jan. 9 2005. This is our second cruise on the Destiny. This is our third Carnival cruise. Two of the three couples travelling are past guests. I booked the cabins with a TA Feb 2004 as 1A guarantees. In July Carnival did a past guest promotion on this sailing. Our TA would only apply the promotion to one couple. Worse than that, my Aunt and Uncle are seniors and are the other past guests. This is also there third Carnival cruise. When they received their tickets, we discovered that they had been put in a nightowl cabin above the disco. Booking almost a year ahead and being third time cruisers, I am surprised that they were put in that cabin. They didn't book a nightowl. Is there anyone we can talk to when we board to see if there is anything that can be done? I thought I read somewhere that they sometimes keep a few cabins open for emergencies. I know that the TA is responsible for not giving them the past guest promotion, but I am surprised that Carnival assigned a nightowl cabin to them when my Aunt and Uncle were booked in a 1A guarantee.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Destiny cabin problems

Well, it IS and upgrade even though upgrades are always really a better cabin. Your TA needs to call CCL and work with them to get a differant cabin. That is their job and responsibility. They should have never allowed CCL to consider one of the nightowl cabins for them. IN addition they should have gotten the past passenger special as well. Eligibility is up to CCL and not your agent. Call and complain and raise heck over it.
Jim

Old January 5th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Passenger

Thanks Jim

My Aunt did call the TA. The TA said she called Carnival and there is nothing that can be done unless my Aunt wanted to spend another $300 per person. My Aunt then called Carnival and they said to get the agent to call them. They asked my Aunt who the TA had talked to at Carnival who said nothing could be done. So my Aunt recalled the TA, who couldn't give a name of who she had spoken to at Carnival, and she restated that there was no use in calling Carnival because nothing could be done. That is where things stand. Two parties that won't communicate, the TA and Carnival.
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

What is considered a night owl cabin?? Haven't heard that one?
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:14 PM
First Mate

I was told by Carnival that if you can't get your travel agent to do anything then go to the will call desk when you get to the terminal and explain the situation to them. If they can't do anything there then once on the ship go to the pursers desk and tell them. If the ship is sold out they may not be able to do anything if everyone shows up, but if someone doesn't then they will happily change the cabin assignment for you.

Old January 5th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Tamie , thanks for the advice. We will try that when we arrive. TC, a nightowl cabin is a cabin right above the disco. The disco doesn't close till 3:00 am. I think that the Destiny is the only ship that has the rooms above the disco.
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Declares....How do you know it is a night owl cabin? We are sailing in April and are on the verandah deck inside. Where is the disco and the night owl cabin area located on the destiny? Thanks for the info....
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Passenger

Maynovmom, The nightowl cabins are inside cabins on the upper deck right above the disco.
Old January 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks. We are up higher than that so I just wanted to be sure. We've never had a problem anyway....