Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Beginner

Default Belize Cave Tubing

Has anyone booked the Belize cave tubing excursion thorugh Carnival. If so, could you tell me how long you were in the cave(s), how many caves you went through, and were the caves big and interesting or small and no big deal. I'll be in Belize this March and would like to decide if this excursion through carnival is worth the time Vs. some of their other excusions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2005, 01:45 PM
fotogurl9875

Default Re: Belize Cave Tubing

never been. but I have cruised that trip to Belize before and people RAVED about it for the rest of the cruise...supposed to be one of the best excursions. Contact Reggie at ***advertising link deleted as a violation of the TOS*** he's a really nice private guy who can give you all the info you need. I did a diff tour with him before and he was MORE than accommodating, this time i'm going tubing I hear shark/ray alley is pretty cool too
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Belize Cave Tubing

Michael, yes we have done this and booked through the cruiseline. We were allowed on one of the first tenders ashore and immediately were directed to a fairly new bus. We departed quickly and had a great ride thru the countryside where the guide told us things about the country and pointed out differant points of interest, people, flora, and fauna. We arrived at the falls and were given time to change and gather our gear etc as well as grab a complimentary bottle of water. Our group of maybe a dozen set off to the entry point and along the way again a guide pointed out interesting plants, carvings on cavern walls and animals along the way. We entered the water and the first cave again with a guide showing everyone what to look for. We went through two caves as well as some time on the river itself before exiting the river and taking a short walk back to the buses. Again you were given complimentary water and had time to change and talk to others. The tubing really ws fun. Back on the bus and a short trip to the Cheers Resteurant for a nice free lunch and time to wander around that area for photos and to lick up souviners and even purchase some alcoholic refreshments if you wished. Again back on the bus and return to the port and we still had time to do some shopping right there at the port. I highly recommend this tour. We did not have to worry abut missing the boat and we got everything we were promised and more.
Jim

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I did this tour in April 2004 through X-Stream. We had 12 people in our group and the Carnival group came in two big buses. We got in ahead of them, did two caves instead of one, had lunch right there and we were back to the pier before the Carnival excursion was. We had a great time. It takes about an hour to get to the park, and about 45 minutes to walk to the jump in site. While the walk isn't difficult, my two younger children (10 & 12) did have trouble carring their tubes (Mom and Dad ended up carring them). Also, the river was low in April so there was quite a bit of paddling involved. Hope this helps.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:23 PM
deni115

My husband went in March 2002. He enjoyed it..but not the highlight of his life..it was a rainy day so it was "chilly"....the caves were pretty cool from what he remembers...I think they rode a bus for quite a distance to get there