Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:26 PM
deni115

Default fantasy

We are contemplating taking a mini cruies on the fantasy out or port Canaveral..would love to hear anyones experience on that journey...looking at March (Easter break) we will be in the area any way & figured it may be a hoot!
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:41 PM
MNCruiser

Default Re: fantasy

Deni,
My husband and I traveled on the fantasy last April, I have a pretty lengthy review posted under the Ship reviews if you're interested.
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Admiral

This was my review at the readers review section of cruisemates. Thought I would save you the trouble of going back to it. Also, check some of my photos in the photo gallery. One set is Carnival Fantasy author Cheryl C. The other is Freeport Excursion author Cheryl C. Any other questions or info feel free to e-mail me.

Fantasy
by Cheryl
Bahamas
December 12, 2004

We just returned from our 4 night Bahamas cruise. This was our first cruise (I was afraid of boats) and first vacation without our kids. After a shaky start with airport security and luggage problems, we arrived at the cruise port. We had no problems going through security at the port. The line for check in went quickly. We were told upon check in however that the cabin we originally reserved was not our cabin for the cruise. At first we were upset until we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite with a balcony. What a great surprise! After taking our embarkation photo, we were on our way to our cabin. It was beautiful. Very clean, large and lots of room for our stuff. Our cabin steward Donald was very attentive. He was ready to help us in anyway he could. We found a spot on deck to watch the departure of the ship (we left right on time). The ship was wonderful. Very clean, decorated for Christmas and somewhat easy to navigate. After our lifeboat drill, we continued to explore until dinner time. We had a late seating, 8:00 pm, which was a nice time. The food was incredible. You could order as much or as little as you wanted. Our waitstaff team was awesome. We never wanted for a thing. As for the islands, Freeport is very ugly when you pull into port. We did a shore excursion, Tranquility Shores Beach. This was beautiful and tranquil. The buffet lunch was delicious. We even made fresh conch salad. Nassau was nice but beware of people trying to sell you everything from beads, to handmade crafts, to drugs. If you keep on walking and don't engage in a conversation, you'll be fine. The boat over to Atlantis was very nice. Our full day at sea coming home was alittle rough but there was still alot to do. Matt, the cruise director, is great. He's funny and schedules lots of fun things. The shows are great and there is an activity for all ages. Be prepared to have a great time and eat alot. We will definitely cruise again and will definitely cruise with Carnival. The are surely the FUN SHIPS! For more info or to see some photos e-mail me at nolou525@rcn.com
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Passenger

We sailed on Fantay Dec. 2003. We had a great time. The ship is smaller and older than others, but we found it to be clean and comfortable. We had an oceanview on the Main level I think. There was plenty of storage and room, not tons, just plenty. The food was good, and plenty of it. We had late seating and often stopped at the large buffet late afternoon for a snack. We had a great vacation on Fantasy, if I was in the area, I would sail her again. Great ship for a short cruise.
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Fantasy Jan., 2004 after her refurbishment. Great ship for a short cruise. Read the reviews section, it will tell you lots about the ship.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04