Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
AnnaPavlova

Default Best Singles Cruise??

My friend and I have never been on a cruise before - we are two single girls looking for a party atmosphere in the caribbean. I am having trouble finding a ship that does not have extensive childrens programs. Are there any adults-only cruises out there? And who has the best (of course destinations DO play a role too!)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Best Singles Cruise??

I went on the elation and had a great time just because there are childrens programs does not mean that the cruise you choose to go on will not have a great many adult driven activities. The childrens programs are meant to have the children away from adult for the most part so that the adults can enjoy adult activities

Dan
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:30 PM
AnnaPavlova

First let me clarify by saying that I love kids! My friend and I have gone to Club Med Turks and Caicos as well as Cancun, and it was nice to get a little wild in an adults only atmosphere. We don't have families yet (soon though!) and are looking for a fun singles/party scene for a few days. If anyone knows of any adults only cruises, we'd love to hear about them! Thanks
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Did not mean to imply that at all I apologize if it came off that way

Dan
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:53 PM
First Mate

I don't think that you'll find much in the way of adults only cruises, but what schmitty said is right. If you take a Carnival cruise in March-April, you will definately find the adult atmosphere even with the kids around. And you will definately be able to get a little wild. All my cruises have been on Carnival at this time of year, and I've always had a blast. I took most of them in my 20's, I'm 31 now and will still have a great time on the next one.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:13 PM
AnnaPavlova

OK, thank you both for the insight! It makes me feel a little better Schmitty - sorry if I misunderstood you! Messageboards are nto always the best venue for conveying information clearly. We are both 29 years old and are looking for a fun crowd in their early to mid 30s.

Anyhow, I spoke with a Carnival rep today who said that the three or four day cruises have the best party atmosphere... Which is great, but we may want to go longer. Their three day cruise only goes to Nassau, so I don't know how exciting that would be. The four dayer goes to Cozumel and Key West. Sounds a little better, but we were looking for something perhaps a little more exotic. There is a five day that goes to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, but you have to be back on the ship before 3:30 PM which makes for such a short day in Jamaica.

Any suggestions? We've never been to any of the Caribbean (except for Cancun and Turks), so I'd love to hear the best destinations. We are also open for a longer, week long cruise, if they are happening. You both sound like very knowledgable cruisers, so I'd love to hear your insight!
Old January 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
First Mate

I'm going on the Valor to the western Carribbean March 20. The times and Islands are pretty good, Cozumel until 11 pm, Belize till 6, Cayman till 5. I was on a four day Cozumel, Key west once, and it was fun, but I felt that it just wasn't enough. So that was the last and only four day cruise I took. Still a great time though. Cozumel in my opinion is the best stop. Best nightlife, and during the day awesome beaches, and lots to do. On a whole I like the western Caribbean better than the Eastern. Although the 8 day eastern-southern with a stop in Barbados was a great time. The Barbados stop is also into the night. Just my thoughts, if I could be of any more help just let me know!

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09

Carnival Sunshine
Old January 12th, 2005, 12:15 AM
singingcruiser

Try the 4-Night "Paradise" to Baja and Ensenada Mexico departing Feb 28.
This cruise has a group of 600 hairdressers, male and female, many single, many couples, but that increases the average number of 20, 30, and 40 year olds looking to have a safe, good time by a factor of TEN over most cruises.
Old January 12th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Passenger

Anna,

I guess that in my opinion no matter which cruise you decide upon that the fun factor is always up to you. Every Carnival ship I have been on have had a great "singles" scene and the groups I have run into have alway been great fun. I usually travel alone as I am a Army Officer and am being transfered at regular intervals and it seems easier. The singles that had the most fun were the ones that had the "I don't care" attitude and left their inhabitions at the airport when they left home and went to enjoy being single and meeting new friends

Dan
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:47 AM
venice

this year don't worry too much about it and just pick a ship and destination that both of you want to try and you'll have fun

next year, locate a travel agency that specializes in "singles" cruises or vacations and sign up so that then a whole bunch of singles will be going on your cruise

but you know the old saying..if you went went a partner, everyone on the ship will be single...if you went single, everyone will be a couple (smile)
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:51 PM
AnnaPavlova

haha thank you everyone

I'm not looking to hook up (have a bf), and my girl friend may or may not. So we don't care if there are a lot of couples or not. We definitely make the best of things, were just looking for a party scene. We didn't want to do a "singles cruise," because I'm not looking to hook up.

Thanks jock-o, I agree that it's important to get enough time at each destination. I would love to go to Barbados, but I hear great things about Cozumel too, so it's hard to decide! What price did you get for your next cruise? It sounds awesome!
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Best Singles Cruise??

I believe we paid 970 per person for a balcony. Hey Anna, are you related to the balerina?

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09

Carnival Sunshine
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:08 AM
singingcruiser

Default Re: Re: Best Singles Cruise??

Party Scene? Try New Orleans at Halloween or Mardi Gras. Or, just about any Hedonism or Club Med camp is almost a better bet than a cruise ship on it's own....I've been on even Carnival ships that were downright dull.

Best parties so far: Cozumel stop from ships out of Houston, NOLA, or Tampa.

To hook up or not hook up. That's not even a big deal really. Seems like the people that go there with that intention leave empty handed, or are dissatisfied with the outcome. You've got the right idea....when that base is covered, it's easier to have fun.
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:06 AM
First Mate

I've never had a "dull" time on a Carnival ship. As far as Cozumel, it doesn't matter where you leave from. It's still the same fun, great place once you get there.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09

Carnival Sunshine