Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:49 PM
runway

Default HELP with an offer?Maybe Jim can Help

We found that when we purchased a Cat 8e on the Triumph that the Carnival TA automatically chose a room for us. We have found out that this lowers our chances on getting an upgrade(which would be a Cat 11 or 12). We have tried to get a hold of her and have found out that she's "out" for awhile ,no time when she will be back.
My wife spoke with another TA there and they said most likely Carnival would go ahead and honor us changing to a Cat 8e gaurentee instead of a specific room. We understand that we than can be put anywhere on the Panaroma deck and we are not even promised an upgrade. Is it best to stay with what looks like a pretty nice room or roll the dice for an upgrade? We have checked and there ar 6 /9a, 8,/Cat 11 and 6 /Cat 12 left on board for the March 5th sailing. We got a very nice rate for a return guest that has risen to 250.00 pp more than what we paid.So should we stay ,be happy and know what is coming our way, or... just be across from the elevator or a great suite. Thanks for your input and advice everyone and heres to getting out of the cold !
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HELP with an offer?Maybe Jim can Help

Tough question. Both times I've sailed we've booked a gty and both times been upgraded. The first time within the same category, but the last time, we were upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony!

That being said, I have just about decided that I want to pick my cabin from now on. The more I sail, the more I know what I *don't* want in a cabin and you certainly take a chance on getting an undesirable location with a gty.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 12th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HELP with an offer?Maybe Jim can Help

Yes, that is a tough question and really only one that you can answer. What we do is figure out what would be the worst cabin we could be assigned at the level we paid and assume that that is the cabin we will get. When we get anything better we are pretty happy. There really isn't a bad cat 8E cabin to me so if you wish to chance it on getting an upgrade then go ahead and change it ot a 8E gty. If you like where you are at and don't think you would be happy with another 8E cabin then stay with the specific cabin. It's going to be a crapshoot and no matter what you will probably guess wrong. <VBG> If you stick with the assigned cabin you will fell like you would have gotten a cat 12 cabin with a gty and if you go gty you will probably get the one cabin in that cat you didn't want. <G> I just can't really advise you except to say good luck with whatever you deciede.
Jim