Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Legend shore excursions

Any recommendations for good shore excursions in Belize City, Belize; Limon, Costa Rica; and Colon, Panama. We are sailing Jan. 30th. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:20 PM
M Harkies

Default Re: Carnival Legend shore excursions

Doing the same ports on the Legend Feb. 15th. Booked the Panama Canal tour online last week.thru Carnival.
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Sure can recommend some. In Belize there is Cave Tubing or touring the ruins at Zunatunach or Altan Ha/River Wallace and even horsebak riding.
In Costa Rica the best by far is the white-water rafting.
In Panama you can do the Grand Tour or the Iberian Indians or the train tour or even the pamana canal boat ride. Every tour I mentions gets great reviews
Jim

Old January 12th, 2005, 10:02 PM
booboo4031

I just booked the 7 hour panama canal tour for the Legend. Do they end up giving you a voucher or something for the tour or is it just the sheet of paper that says confirmed on it? Booking that one tour was an exercise in futility! It took me a 1/2 hour to book 1 tour. We'll try for another tomorrow

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Legend shore excursions

We think we'd like to snorkel in Belize. There are 2 tours - one called Barrier Reef Snorkel & Rendezvous Caye Beach Break and the other is Goff;s Caye snorkeling. Do you know which of these might be better??? Also, thinking of doing the Tortuguero Canals boat ride in Costa Rica. Any info on that? We love to see wild life - monkeys, birds, etc. Thanks for any further info.
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:03 PM
The Hills

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend shore excursions

HI Mari:

Did the Shark Ray Alley Tour in Belize with Carnival in March 2004 and it was great. My kids 5 1/2 & 8 1/2 were able to touch the stingrays, see some sharks and big schools of fish only feet from their toes. We even stopped to see some dolphins swim feet from our boat. Just one tip, don't sit at the back of the boat or you will think you signed up for teh white water rafting tour! Tour was booked as 7 hours long but the day flew by. Even enjoyed spending some time in San Pedro. Quite an eye opener for soem city kids from Canada!

Also did the Tortguero Canal tour and enjoyed that as well. Saw lots of animals and had a terrific tour guide who was a biologist.

Email me if you want more info!

The Hills
Ottawa,Canada

P.S. My daughter and I are heading out on another cruise on RCCL in just two weeks to St. Martin, St. Thomas and Coco Cay Bahamas.

P.S. I lso have a great picture of the interior of the ACarnival Legend rooms which have the bunk beds for the kids.
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Panama shore tour,
Embera indian village + Gatun locks is outstanding! I know a cheaper local tour guide. write off if you like more info. of him wapanda10@yahoo.es

wapanda