Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM
StaceySch

Default Cruise expert am I making too big of a deal?l

I am asking you cruise experts out there because I have tendency to overreact. I have been trying for a couple of weeks to book a cruise for my family for the summer. We really wanted the Explorer but had no luck in securing adjoining cabins which we really wanted. So after much debate we booked the Valor this Tuesday for a June cruise and we are excited. I am very detailed oriented and asked my agent to send me a confirmation of my reservation. Anyway, I received it today through email. The rooms were NOT adjoining and were not the room numbers I was told. I figured it must be a mistake so I called my agent. I emailed back the group department which sent me the confirmation and they said those were the rooms. After waiting half the day I called my agent back and they said he was out sick and was not expected back til Monday since he doesn't work Friday and sATURDAY. I was upset and asked the agent on the phone if he could clear it up for me. He said it would be better to wait for my agent yada yada( I am sure it is because he makes no money). The way the ships are booking and I have specific room specifications I don't want to wait til Monday and there won't be any adjoining left . So he said he would look into it when he got a chance and call me later. How far should I pursue this or should I be patient and wait? Thanks for letting me vent
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cruise expert am I making too big of a deal?l

I'm not sure how full your cruise is but you may be safe in waiting until Monday. You could possibly call Carnival and ask them to make the change (I doubt they will though since it's through your TA).

Holiday May 2000
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:06 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc

You should still be able to get someone else in that office to fix your reservations.

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:12 PM
newmexicoNita

Whether an agent is making a penny or not should have little to do with checking for you. Yes agents do get very busy and sometimes have to put a cliant off for a few hours but I understand your concern. Is there a reason it is imparitive you have your cabins right next to each other? I know when traveling with friends and family it is nice, but one or two cabins away shouldn't make a big difference. Good luck and keep us posted.

NMNita
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:21 PM
StaceySch

The reason I need adjoining is because we are traveling with three children. I don't feel comfortable with a five year old down the hall from me. The other agent is supposedely checking and going to call me back tonight. I kow agents can make mistakes but this is so annoying considering that he know I was adament about adjoining.
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:35 PM
cali-croozer

Of course you need adjoining cabins in your situation, and they made a mistake. Good thing you asked for the confirmation right away! Good luck. I'm glad you finally got the other TA in the office to check for you.
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Frankly. if you specified adjoining cabins, and didn't get them, I don't think you should let any agent put you off.
I'd call NOT e mail, and ask to speak to the Manager. Explain that you requested specific cabins, and that's not what you got... and he HAS to deal with the situation or you'll be cancelling the bookings!

The business is too competitive to put up with such a mistake first thing!

Old January 13th, 2005, 04:40 PM
newmexicoNita

I don't blame you for not wanting a 5 year old down the hall from you. Even though adjacent rooms are not connecting at least he/she will be right next door. Good luck.

NMNita
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Passenger

My wife and I own a travel agency and this is unheard of around here we work around the clock literally to help our clients. But of course we care about our clients
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Admiral

What Kuki said, CALL them and speak to the manager and tell them what you asked for and were told you had. It doesn't matter if you particuliar agent is in the office or what, you should get what you were promised.
Jim

Old January 14th, 2005, 05:45 AM
StaceySch

UPDATE: Spoke to another agent at the agency who tried talking to Carnival. Carnival says they have adjoining cabins on my sailing but they are triple-triple. We need triple-double. Last year we had no problem securing them. Apparently, now a supervisor at Carnival says they will not book a double into a triple. The other agent told Carnival that was ridiculous and that we were past guests. I don't kow if this was a bait and switch or my agent dropped the ball. Of course he is out sick til Monday. Carnival supervisor has to investigate and get back to the agency. The other agent gave me the name of a manger of agency who I need to talk to today. At this point, I am ready to tear my hair out.. My agent had no problem securing the cabins so I don't know what happened.
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

I don't think they are being truthful .... Carnival will book any room as double.
Afterall , their rates are always based on DOUBLE occupancy -- am I wrong ?

I would call Carnival directly and ask them (did the TA give you the name of the Carnival Supervisor he spoke with? ) and then call your TA back and talk to the manager.
I could be wrong of course, but I would not take this as the final answer either.

--- good luck with your situation,

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old January 14th, 2005, 06:40 AM
StaceySch

Default Re: Re: Cruise expert am I making too big of a deal?l

FOr the record, I was conferenced in on the call with Carnival. And that is what she said. No doubles in a triple. The agent even told Carnival that he was going to pull the booking and book us with another line. She still insisted that at this time they could not do it. But she was supposed to get back to the agency when she checks iwth her manager. So the saga continues.
Old January 14th, 2005, 08:21 AM
sls

This is why I book directly with Carnival. You would have known right away they wouldn't book you into 2 triple-triple rooms.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM
StaceySch

This is all interesting except that Carnival agreed to this and even gave my agent cabin numbers. Of course now my agent is out til Monday. I am still waiting to hear back from a manager. What a saga!
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM
StaceySch

The problem appears to be fixed. The manager was out sick today too. Another agent called Carnival and found out that adjoining cabins can't be booked through group sales. So somehow she switched to adjoining through regular. don't ask me it made no sense. But she sent a confirmation of the two rooms I booked. the whole thing is nuts. I need a drink!
Old January 14th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Poor Stacey! I would get myself that drink and then make a note to find another TA....I'm sure your cruise will turn out just fine.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
First Mate

I am surprised about Carnival's not booking doubles in a triple room. Is this common with cruiselines? We had NO problem getting a triple room for my husband and myself on the NCL Sun.
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
StaceySch

The prices are the same. Don't ask me how. It is too confusing how this whole thing works- group vs. regular. The whole thing made no sense but as long as I get the rooms at the price I was promised then fine.