Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Passenger

Default Shopping in Cozumel

Hi,

Can anyone share a few tips regarding the shopping? As to the best places regarding prices? Also how far of a drive is Paradise Beach from the Pier? We are going to be on the Sensation in early Feb.

I would like to shop until about 11, then take a taxi to Paradise Beach.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:59 PM
bjkeen

Default Re: Shopping in Cozumel

The key word to show in Cozumel is negotiate. The vendors in Cozumel think you are stupid if you do not bargain with them. Trust me, they will come down on their prices. Everywhere, even the jewelry stores will negotiate with you. I got some really good bargains. Even some bargains that I wasn't looking for came my way. A clerk in a jewlery store slapped a lovely diamond, emerald bracelet on my arm. She started her price at $400.00 and I told her "no thank you' and before she gave me her final offer she was down to $150.00. Now if I had been looking for a braclet I would have purchased it.
Happy shopping!
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Saralee,

I have been to Cozemel three times on cruises in last few years. The first time I went, they did not have the little villiage that has now been built at the pier.

We have shopped both. They both will barter with you, but we still got better prices in town which is a couple of miles up the beach. Cost us $6. for a whole carload to get there. If you go, just tell them to drop you off at the Hardrock Cafe. It is right in the middle.

I don't know why for sure, but those folks down there were rock bottom. Maybe the new pier villiage has taken some of their business. Some have establishments in both places.

We bought a Telera (spelling?) sink with matching bathroom fixtures (Bathrobe hooks, soap dish, tiolet tissue holder, toothbrush holder), all hand painted. We were remodeling and thought this would be neat to have. The sink was the large size. The price tag for the whole set was $180.00. We got it for $100.00 after walking off several times (downtown endor).

Good luck!

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Admiral

TC! I have to nominate this as the post of the year! Now I can say that people can and do buy anything in Cozumel Including the bathroom sink! <> Thanks for a great post!
Jim