Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2005, 01:54 PM
ninaclock

Default Directions to Hell

We are planning a trip aboard the Inspiration in April. Can anyone tell me how we can get to Hell, Grand Cayman WITHOUT taking a tour? Are there vehicles for rent on the island? Anyone have price information or tips on island transportation? My boyfriend is not fond of structured tours - he prefers to set his own pace.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
jlock71

Default Re: Directions to Hell

very good idea to go alone on this Island. There is a car rental shop about 300 yrd down the street (left out of port gate . they will give you a map. also go see turtle farm and snorkle at cemetery beach. you park infront and walk along side to the beach..
have fun
jason conquest 4/17
Old January 15th, 2005, 02:40 PM
First Mate

My wife should be able to give you directions to the place you seek.
Old January 15th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Andy B.

The best way to get around Grand Cayman is to take their city "buses." Not like what we're used to seeing as buses, they're basically expanded mini vans going to all the popular spots, and for $2.50 a head you can ride to wherever you're going, then catch the next one back. Ask where the bus "terminal" (it's just a street corner where they all converge) is at the information desk when you get off the tender; it's a couple short blocks away.

Andy
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Admiral

I was thinking the same thing as turkeyman. <G> Anyway, Hell is to the left of the tender dock as you approach. Rent a car or scooter and follow the signs, (hopefully they have replaced them since the hurricane). Keep in mind that they drive on the left on this island.
Jim

Old January 15th, 2005, 08:59 PM
First Mate

They don't currently have many signs up directiing you to Hell. They have made a lot of progress on rebuilding but we didn't see any signs until we were almost to Hell. We were able to pick up an island map very easily though, so you should not have any problems getting to wherever you want to go.

Old January 16th, 2005, 06:15 AM
bjkeen

There are usually cabs were you exit the ship. Make sure your cabbie has a license with his/her picture above the visor.

The advantage of an excursion with a guide; you are on the island for a short period of time and the guide knows what sites to visit and usually tells you something about the area. My family also went to Hell, the Rub Cake factory and had a tour of the island.

**URL Deleted**
Old January 16th, 2005, 06:21 AM
bjkeen

I have regrets since I didn't snorkel in Grand Cayman and they say it is very good there. Hell was interesting, but there wasn't much to it.

**URL Deleted**