Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Passenger

Default Camp Carnival different on diff ships?

Hi!
We've got a 2 and a 5 year old, both of whom LOVED Camp Carnival on the Paradise last year...but as I look at the reviews of the Destiny, it seems their Camp isn't as well reviewed. Are there real differences between them, does anyone know?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM
joesmooga

Default Re: Camp Carnival different on diff ships?

I think each ship is different. I had a 2 y/o and a 4 y/o in CC on the Paradise in Jan 04 and was really happy with the size and location. Took another cruise on Fascination in Sep 04 and was shocked to see the smaller size of the room compared to the Paradise. Didn't know at the time that it was in an entirely different location even though they were both "Fantasy" class ships. I figured it would be just like the Paradise. Don't get me wrong, the staff was great on both of them, but I thought the kids had more room to run around on the Paradise. Seemed really strange on the Fascination walking all the way aft on Empress Deck to hit a staircase that took you to CC, when on the Paradise you just took the lobby elevators as high as you could go and just turn into the playroom (my kids REALLY enjoyed going up the glass elevators... they seemed to get a real kick out of that) .

Going on the Triumph next week... based on the virtual tours, it LOOKS like it will be bigger than the Paradise, but those can be deceiving (sp?). Destiny and Triumph have Children's World in the same location based on the deck plans posted on carnival.com. I have never been on anything other than "Fantasy" class, so this will be a real eye-opener (at least that is what I have been told). I will post the differences here when I return.

Joe
Old January 19th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams
Default Re: Camp Carnival different on diff ships?

my kids loved camp C on Triumph --- they were 6 , 7 & 11 at the time.
looking at the layout of the ship , it looks like paradise camp C is bigger
than alot of the others, however, Triumph has 2 rooms for the kids and
an open deck that the camp counselors took them out to for games and kiddie pool time. my kids loved it -- and made a LOT of friends.

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002