Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mattp
Default Carnival Fun Pass and Fantasy Ship

Question for all...

I have filled in our information on the fun pass and it still says incomplete. Does anyone know why?

We cruised last February and didn't fill in the fun pass. Does it "speed up the process"

Also.... Fantasy anyone have any good suggestions or things they want to share? Our first cruise was last Feb on the Holiday and this being our first we thought it was excellent. But after doing some research and seeing all this information we know there are nicer ships out there. We just booked a last minute cruise on the Fantasy. Is the Fantasy a "better" ship than the Holiday or should I expect the same.

Thanks!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Fun Pass and Fantasy Ship

The Fantasy was great. My DH and I were on her in December for the 4 night cruise. Check out my review (Cheryl December 12) and my pictures in the photo gallery, (Carnival Fantasy and also Freeport Excursion author Cheryl C.) We had a really fun time and everyone on board was fantastic. As for the Fun Pass. I completed ours but no one ever asked for them.

E-mail me if you would like any other info or have questions. nolou525@rcn.com

Cheryl C.
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Fun Pass and Fantasy Ship

Thanks for your reply. I am new to these message boards and I wasnt sure if anyone would respond. I wish we could be going on a longer cruise but hey this still plenty of time and we are young (23).

Ill check out your stuff.

matt
Old January 19th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Passenger

I am cruising on the sensation in 2 weeks and I had the same problem, so I emailed the Helpdesk just yesterday, so hopefully the problem will be fixed.

- I have cruised on the Fantasy in Mar 04 last year, and the Conquest in 2003. Compared to the Conquest, I found the Fantasy to be a little bit shabby. The hot tubs were lukewarm, and the room was very small (interior) but those are the only complaints I have. For less than 1,000.00, I booked three people, including tips, so how can I complain? On the other hand, boarding was so much easier, maybe an hour, compared to the 3 hours it took to board the Conquest.
- I brought my 9 yr old son, and I could barely drag him out of the Camp Carnival for meals. He was very excited because they had 6 Playstation2s, and their English director was a blast.
- I was told there was a topless deck, and indeed there was a sign posted that said adults only, but I never dared to venture up there.
- We did the Karaoke one night, and although my friend was quite horrible (really bad), I was embarrassed for her, the guy in charge had everyone join in and sing with her, which I thought was a very nice nice of him.
- The only shore excursion we took was in Nassau. That is where they took us to a beach and lunch, for around $40 each. The ride there was about half an hour, but the beach was nice. They had a bannana boat attached to a real boat that you could ride for $10. I live in NW Florida, so I couldn't get too excited about their beaches, compared to our white sand, but it was a nice relaxing experience overall. Oh yeah, they brought drinks out to you constantly, no waiting there.
- All in all, I had a great trip, my son loved it, and my friend is now declariing herself a cruiseaddict....
Old January 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Fun Pass and Fantasy Ship

Thanks for the info.

I called the number given on the funpass help screen. I guess I didnt have something entered correctly. (I swear I checked everything). Then when I went to print it, the image didnt show so I called again. The person was very helpful. She said to print out the guest summary pages and bring those. She said that we could enter the fun pass line. I asked her if it was a "speedier process or worth the effort" she said that it is recommened by Carnival to use the fun pass system. But she then say between us it depends on the line length. If the normal like looks way shorter do that.

I noticed that last year when we went. The fun pass line was longer than the normal line. I could swear we were taken about 20 mintues if we would have stayed in the other line.
Old January 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Passenger

My mom didn't complete the fun pass for the Miracle last November and went to the head of the line while the people she was with had to wait much longer.

Carnival Inspiration